Camping in Schoper

131 Reviews of 23 Schoper, Illinois Campgrounds

C
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Nice and clean!

We stayed at a full hookup spot nice shade and well kept grass. Went kayaking which is nice and I’m sure canoeing would be to. Showers are kept and open and the stall locks.

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Great place for a local getaway

Great local place to camp. Beautiful lake with fishing and boat access. Cabins on the water. A lot of full hookup spots available with roughly 7 first come, first serve.

Jeremy H.
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Spacious

Great room between campsites and water hook ups are not too far away. Bring plenty of hose length.

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2021

Very disappointed

We stopped here because it was right off the highway and had great reviews! However, upon arrival, the woman working in the office was INCREDIBLY rude to me and made me feel very uncomfortable. I’m guessing this was due to my appearance- it was hot and I was wearing shorts and I have tattoos.…

Damion H E X.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Quiet and Pleasant

My wife and I were homeless for a month and needed to break out the tents. We had a pleasant and fairly private experience. Each site is spread out and fairly well. Be mindful of field roaches and raccoons at night, as we had to learn the hard way the morning after our first night. Oh, and the…

• Play button icon
t
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

Beautiful place

Love this campground, plenty of space. Nobody right on top of you like most places. Friendly people.

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2021

Decent campground

Decent campground, tent campers are right next to RVs so you get the random RV light on at night.

Stargazing is acceptable to the north, but don't waste you time looking anywhere south. Springfield lights drown it out.

They are right next to a boat launch on the Sangamon River so that's a plus.…

SiteTent
Katie B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Great First Camping Trip

I took my son here for his first camping trip and it was perfect!

L
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

A real gem!

We chose this campground because it was near our route and we needed a place to stay for one night. The campsites were adequately spaced, there were plenty of mature trees for shade, a large pond for fishing. There was also a swimming pool that looked inviting. I went for a run at sunset down the…

L
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Good place to rest and shower for the night

Drive by, choose a spot, let the host know. We tent camped. The ground was relatively flat minus some tree stumps. Every site has a fire pit with adjustable grill, picnic tables, ours had a concrete slab for gatherings, 2 vehicle parking bumper to bumper. Outhouse was a short walk from us and was…

• We found several fungi
Sitetent 13
t
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Koa Springfield

Clean, nice playgrounds for kids. Putt golf was a little run down. A little muddy as it rained that morning, but not a mud pit like some campgrounds. Showers clean, host very friendly. Everyone was extremely nice, but not in your face with it.

Kaitlin D.
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Our fave place

This is our close to home, fave weekender site. Electric only but still love. Spaced out, gravel sites and asphalt roads. We always get sites with our own private dock to fish from. Spotty reception but it’s great to unplug.

• view from inside camper of lake
  • dock
  • our site
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2021

Quiet Retreat

Nice RV campsites with electric and SHARED water. Bring extra hose because the water supply isn’t close for all sites. We needed 3 hoses to reach. We loaned ours to a couple others while there for 3 nights. Bathrooms/showers were clean. Drive along river road was nice. Cute town of Grafton has…

Laura E.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Good location, not much privacy

This was a good layover campground after being on the road. Close enough to St. Louis for a visit to the Gateway Arch and Cahokia Mounds. Showers were clean. Sites are pretty close together with little privacy. Our site (74) was not level. Most other sites seemed level.

s
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Double J

I love this place,we always come camping here. It’s got every thing here on the camp

SiteN91