The best BOAT IN camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Pennington Point Camping Reviews
Might work for some

Time and the city of Warsaw have forgotten this park. Lots of trash overflowing the cans and on the ground. A dyke is being built across the roadway which obscures the river view . This maybe ok if nothing else is available but we opted to move on. No TMobile service or antenna TV service

We love camping at Argyle!

Our kids love argyle for the paved roads they can easily ride bikes on, the 2 playgrounds and the room to run! We love it because of the spacious sites and options to hike and bike.

Great Spot

We are so thankful we found this park. Most occupants are simi-annual residents, but there are still several nice, quiet, shady spots to be found. Everyone is friendly. There are 2 clean but dated bathhouses available. It’s the most reasonably priced campsite that we have found so far.

My favorite spot

I’ve camped here several times at the primitive sites. It’s a decent hike in but once you get there, the view of the lake is worth it. It’s just a nice, peaceful place to camp. I’ve always been able to find a campsite since it is first come first serve. The host is very friendly and seems like he’s been the host there for years. They have canoes to rent and you’re bound to see cranes and ducks along the way. Just be weary of the geese by the reservoir because they can be moody! My boyfriend and I try to go at least once a year because we just love it there.

Lovely Primitive Campground

Stayed one night in July. We tent camped in site 1 of the primitive campground. There are 7 sites well spaced with a picnic table, fire ring, trash can and three sided shelter in each site. Pit toilets are in the middle. Each site is along the tree line with plenty of shade. These are walk in sites ranging from 0.10 miles to 0.50 miles from the parking lot. Just $6 a night. Hiking trails, kayaking and fishing are available but we didn’t get a chance to take advantage of those things. Very friendly and helpful campground host drove over from the RV campground to register us and even offered to take our stuff to our site. Great experience. Only 3 sites in use on a Friday night.

Great Lake

All full hookups are in the sun most of the day. So if you don’t have a canopy or awning it’ll be hot. On concrete pads. Fire rings are right behind each site with plenty of room in between. Fire wood available on site. Shower houses 8/10 nice walk down to the lake good fishing and kayaking. Lots of trails to walk threw the forest.

I’ve been coming here since I was a kid...

We always stay in the main campground area. Either in a normal camper, pop-up, or tent, Siloam is a perfect place to stay. The bathroom and showers are good, and the walk from the main circle of sites is super close. The pines give great cover when hot and add that familiar pine sent to the whole park.

From hiking to fishing to boating/kayaking, there is a lot offered. I prefer to spend most of my time hiking and every once in a while, I will rent a kayak. The trails are pretty well marked and are best in mid/late fall or early spring. We’ve redone them numerous times and still enjoy them. My favorite trails are the Red Oak and Hoot Owl!

My family and I have always enjoyed Siloam Springs as a good weekend getaway!

Good for fishing

10 RV pads in a gravel parking lot at the city boat ramp. Electric and water. No showers or bathrooms. No shade. 15/night as of 7/20. Might be a good spot to camp with your boat, but not much to do other than that, although the sunsets are beautiful and it's neat to watch the barges.

Nice campground/unsanitary facilities

This campground is OK. Good for families. There are over a hundred sites, some fhu,some just electric, some primitive. It's very clean and well mantained, other than the restrooms. I've been here for 3 days and have yet to see someone clean them! But at $24 for basic site with electric it is what it is. It's pretty much right next to town, but you'd never know it once you're in the campground.

Space for tents all the way up to big rigs. Campground is on the lake. Free entry to the water park if you are camping!

No frills campground...but perfect for what you need.

The staff are wonderful…they were very friendly and helpful with the questions we asked. They were just enjoying the nice warm weather! Things in the campground are a little out of date, but that is not their fault. The sites are simple…electric, picnic table, and a fire ring. Most of the sites were level and they were capable of handling everything from a Tent to a big RV.

As others have mentioned…this is not the Ritz Carlton so plan on sharing your shower or toilet with a few creepy crawlers. However, there was running water and you can't complain about that.

The reason to stay here is to enjoy the nearby lake or just because you want to find a place while passing through. Ours was the latter. It would not be too bad to come back too so who knows.