Camping in Caspars

225 Reviews of 65 Caspars, Illinois Campgrounds

Bill M.
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2021

SE MO state park camping

Loved the trails, facilities and beautiful surrounding area. Just a solo one nighter so can’t really add more.

• hiking
  • hiking
Month of VisitApril
Bill P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Large sites

This is a very nice campground with very large back in spots in the reserved area. There are restrooms but no trash dumpsters in the camping area. Very well shaded but no real view of the lake.

• what I wish we could see from any site
  • restroom
  • camping spots
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Convenient location

Conveniently located just outside of St Louis. We camped here for a trip to the city for St Louis cardinals game and zoo. My kids loved the jumping pillow at the park. Minimal playground but they still enjoyed it. Wish there was more of a good walking/biking area around it (I love to be able to…

Elisha S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Peaceful

I went camping alone and there weren’t too many people here but I know if I screamed there would be people that heard me lol spectrum Mobile works out here and the lake is beautiful.

kent F.
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Coles Creek

Core of Engineers built and run this campground, Clean,sites are spaced out nicely.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2021

Brand New!

Just Opened August 16, 2021. Self park/ self pay. Call ahead for availability.

• Plenty of room for big rigs
  • Community fireplace almost finished
Russ  G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2021

Decent Stop Over KOA

We stayed overnight on the way home, the park is in an industrial area, that didn't really didn't bother us though. Not a long stay location in my opinion, but for what we needed it was great! Very friendly host, nice pool and the kids park was great.

Jamey W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2021

Nice place but rules are a joke

We stopped for the night on our way to Georgia. Booking was easy and price was average. The property itself is beautiful. Spots are intermingled in the trees and it is spectacular in the morning. The pool is better then most hotels and the giant trampoline looked like it would be my daughters…

• pets left out alone and barking early in the morning
  • the highway is super close but it's still extremely beautiful
SiteA4
L
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

A real gem!

We chose this campground because it was near our route and we needed a place to stay for one night. The campsites were adequately spaced, there were plenty of mature trees for shade, a large pond for fishing. There was also a swimming pool that looked inviting. I went for a run at sunset down the…

M
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2021

Beautiful Family Friendly

Well kept, clean sites. Friendly and helpful gate staff. Large sites.

Jamie K.
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2021

Ok 👌

CAMPSITE ok seen alot of people that are homeless

S
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2021

My experience at Draft Kings at Casino Queen RV park

I haves stayed at Casino Queen RV Park several times..It’s always very clean and I always feel very safe..it’s easy clean in and clean out…you have to have a code to get into the gate..pets are allowed..the only down side is the train..which runs all night..

Ben S.
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

THE VIEW

GREAT location for camping, especially if you run out of items and need to get something close by. Very natural, and amazing views and the feel is spectacular.

SiteB4
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Crowded and a bit noisy

Lots of dogs tied up, but with owners nearby. Some still “bolt” at you when you walk by. Could be less littered. Our site had lots of litter when we pulled in. They do have a recycle bin, or I would have given a 3. Lots of permanent or semi-permanent tenants.

• crowded