The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Bunje , ILLINOIS

Most Recent Bunje Camping Reviews
Very nice camping

Lots to do and see. They have a bridge and trail that connect campsite to marina. Looove it

Loved camping here

I camped here in a tent before we had an rv. The primitive sites were perfectly quiet and away from others. Toilet was close and so was parking. I kind of miss tent camping!!!

No Camping

There is a homemade sign that says no camping. I wish we would have known that before we got here. As far as I could tell the website said it’s open.

Small Lake And Beautiful

It's a small campground that offers a playground,bathhouse, hiking trails, and a small swimming area. There is easy access walking down to the marina. With small towns close to this state park.

Trailer camping

We went for a weekend. The camp site we chose was very clean and had water and electric hook ups. Nice place for a fire. We were not a fan of the host she was very rude to us. My boyfriend is a disabled veteran and we showed the papers stating he was and she wouldn’t accept it. We asked her for information about the place and she was not informational at all. Our over all experience was okay but we will not go back.

Was a nice stay

Have camped here a few times and have walked the trails for years. I camped at the primitive sites my first time. The sites were clean and fairly well maintained for primitive. Picnic table and fire pit were in good shape. Plenty of shade! Camp host were very nice and helpful. Non flushable restrooms were clean and stocked. It stormed pretty bad the second night there. Woke up to find my tent wasnt so waterproof. But made most of it that morning because I was also leaving that day. On my second most recent trip we stayed in the loop on an electrical site. Once again the sites were clean and the fireplace was clean and ready. Camp host were once again very helpful and polite. The kids had a great time even though due to covid-19 the playground was closed. The only reason I am giving 4 stars is the fact that the trails and bridges were in horrible condition. It was heartbreaking to see them in this condition as I've walked them since a child.

Good separation

Most of the sites are large and a good distance from the next one. Shower house is alright. The store/restaurant has been closed for a year or two now because of the Illinois budget. There's a dollar store in Farina and a grocery store in Kinmundy; both towns are less than 10 miles away. The lake is big enough for ski boats but nice for kayaks also. Swim beach is not well maintained due to the budget but also doesn't cost anything since they can't pay anyone to man the gate, but it's not horrible.

Very well kept up

Clean and very nice campsites.

Great local place

Hometown, go to place! 2 campgrounds, (Hickory Point on the lake) (deerrun in the woods). Both great at different times of the year depending on wind and temperatures.