The best DRIVE IN camping near
Palo Verde , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Palo Verde Camping Reviews
Great BLM Location

Stayed here couple of weeks quiet place with great views and camp sites of the lake. Not to many people here must have hit it at a good time. had good Verizon reception using booster 4 bars.

24 hrs in the SLABS

Ok I went here hoping to spend more than 24 hrs and explore and what not but I stuck out like a sore thumb with a military truck and decent travel trailer. Theirs TOOO much need in this community (comparable to skid row if your familiar but in the desert) This is more than just DISPERSED camping where you pull over and kick back. Its literally survival at all times because that’s what THEY are doing in the desert. I could not sleep with all the evening noises and people tweaking/high on something walking around. That all said Salvation Mountain is pretty amazing and safe due to its state protected and at entrance into the Slabs so it’s well traveled. So much LOVE went into it. Do drive around the outskirts of the slabs some too and you’ll find plenty of random desert art that Slabs City is known for.

An old park

This is an old run down over priced park. I paid $127 for 4 nights. They still use glass fuses instead of breakers. My first night here my power went out while I was preparing breakfast, a fuse blew, I hadn’t even turned the Keurig on …nothing was on but the tv. The park does not offer WiFi or cable. There are no channels on the tv scan and no near by cell towers. Even with a booster cell reception horrible.

Wide Open Area!

Scaddan Wash is a 14 day camping area with NO amenities. Very close to town for everything you need though. Road noise from I-8 at all times, but after a few days it becomes background noise. :) Beautiful sunsets and sunrises if you get up early!  Pretty level area too. Good cell for Verizon, ATT and TMobile although the more people the more the towers in Quartzsite become congested and in time it will slow down service.

Desert camping

Big area with lots of places to camp. There is a host, & they would like you to register with them. It is a 14 day dispersed site. I found a nice level site with campfire pit not too far from the host site about halfway down Dome Rock road. A bit windy at times, and you can hear the I-10 traffic, which didn’t bother me. And It’s FREE to camp for 14 days!

Great for what it is

This was an unexpected one-nighter and we lucked out with a water-front site! Don't expect a lot - it's a parking lot more or less - but it gets the job done and it's better than others out there even though its a bit pricy.

We showed up on Xmas day so the manager was nice enough to call and let us know where we could get our passes & how to get in. There are some cute little cabins and a rec hall (closed for covid) and they seem to have a little community here. There's even a tiny dog park which they created a dog bath inside - very thoughtful! There was full hookups at the site so that was a nice luxury for us.

The river is a little rundown and sad looking - but people were trying to fish anyway. And although the sites didn't have a campfire, there was a group one right on the beach with a bunch of wood. Wish we had seen that earlier! Lots of dogs but they all behaved and mine got to splash around in the water.

Very clean restrooms although they are asking that people don't use them right now (covid) which could be why they were so clean.

I didn't make it to camp

This is an ATV area. The road is made of super soft sand, you will need 4 wheel drive to get in. I got stuck and had to be pulled out, so I never made it to the BLM area. 3 stars to keep it neutral, since I couldn't get in

Close to town

Dome Rock Rd. is close to Quartzsite and the Tyson Wells shopping tents that set up in January. If you're looking for quartz, this is the place to go. Gets crowded in peak season, so finding a more secluded spot may pose a challenge. Lots of fire pits. Be careful of large rocks

Easy drive, not packed

This road is 20 miles from Quartzsite, so it isn't tightly packed. Lots of fire pits, easy drive in. If you're staying for the season, you can alternate here and Plomosa Rd. At a certain point this road turns from BLM into Kofa Wildlife Refuge, so be mindful of where you camp

Lots of things to do!

Little privacy at each site which is to be expected in the desert. Quite a few full timers. Nice laundry, pool, dog area, pickle ball, horseshoes. There's even a pea patch for gardeners.