The best BOAT IN camping near
Alcoa , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Alcoa Camping Reviews
Sufficient

Super nice employees. Campsites very close together.  We had to move from the first because on either side there was no room for our slide outs.  We were very close to I 40 and the road noise was extremely loud…all day and all night.  I probably wouldn't stay again only because of the road noise.

Wonderful Free Site

If you come from the west beware of 129 aka the dragons tail. It is a very windy road. To get to the sites you turn on Joyce Kilmer road from 129. You will pass a few houses and several spots that looke like they almost could be camping spots but wait until you get to the official marked spots. The spots were amazing, beautiful views, lake access, nice fire pits, good tent pads. One of the best free sites I have stayed at. We stayed for two nights in August and had a fantastic time. Many of the sites were full but never all. The waterfall is on Joyce Kilmer road before you get to the campsites.

Lots of Wildlife

The campground is right off loop road. Spots are a little close, and not very private, but you cant beat the location in the park. We saw 3 bears, a red wolf, and numerous dear and elk during our stay.

Very nice people and staff

It’s only our third RV park, but I I can see why people like to drycamp/boondock. The sites are very tight, quite close together. The neighbor woke me at 2:00am going in and out of his RV just from the door closing. Across the highway is a helicopter tour company and it runs all day long, very noisy. On the positive side, the staff is amazing and so accommodating. We needed help since it was our first back in site. Scott was wonderful!!! He guided us in and got us leveled and ready to enjoy our stay. It had rained heavily the day before so the ground was very soft and one side of our rig kept sinking. He ran off to get a piece of wood that did the job to keep our tires from sinking so we could get level. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. We back up to the river which is wonderfully peaceful. I guess there will be pros and cons to every park. The only reason we won’t be back is because we saw what we wanted to see here, and have along bucket list of other places to explore.

Well kept but tight spacing.

Great location and well kept amenities. The spacing is crowded, you feel ur neighbor is in ur campsite. Don’t waste ur money on an upgrade site it’s not worth it.

Just a small portion of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park

We are glad we stayed at Cades Cove Campground. Thanks to Jay at the bike rental, we were able to ride the famous Cades Cove loop (11 miles) on the last day of the season that the road was closed to vehicles. We also folded the 6 mile hike in and out of Abrams Falls in the middle of the bike ride. It was a fun day, beautiful views, wildlife (turkey & deer). The campground was crowded. Every site was full. The sites are markedly close together, with minimal privacy between. Our site was C61, generator free (that part was nice). But we were on the end of a row, with two sites on one side, and a larger site on the other- all occupied, with just feet between each set up. Other than the tightness of the sites, we really liked everything else about the park.  We traveled from the park towards the Blue Ridge Parkway by going directly through the Great Smoky NP. This was an incredible experience! Highly recommend it!

Awesome Spot, no doubt

Loyston Point is remarkable in its beauty and simplicity. The staff is warm and helpful, it’s incredibly clean, and the surroundings really allow you to feel the love of East Tennessee’s beauty. It is a bit sandy on some water front sites, so be mindful of that for your gear, and site 12, which we just stayed in, has very little shade if any, though that was ok for us. It was the first camping trip I took my wife and daughter on, and this was the right first place for them. My love of camping and this spot has them both looking for more! We are already booked to go right back to Loyston in just a few short weeks!

Our favorite

This is our absolute favorite campground. Great amenities and ease of access for anything we need with a short drive into town. It’s quiet and relaxing. Watch out for pesky raccoons in site 7. They love to eat dog food.

Great hiking and views

We stayed in East campground mid week only 5 sites taken so nice and quiet. Rangers very nice. Bathhouse clean. Beautiful night sky views. Be sure to watch the YouTube video of the building of the dam in the 30's makes you appreciate everything even more. Narrow road to campground.

Nice area, close camping

Melton hill is A nice option for camping that is conveniently located not far from I-75. The Melton Hill dam is a great place to fish. The campground is fairly small, it has hook up sites as well as primitive tent sites, i don’t believe any of the sites have septic hook ups. I had a tent site when I was there, and had to set up

My rooftop tent off the parking lot above my site, but it worked out, so I was overlooking the lake.  The sites have fire rings and concrete picnic tables. The sites with hook ups were all pretty close to each other. However it is very wooded so you do have a feeling of privacy despite being close to your neighbor. The bathrooms were pretty small and I only noticed one shower in each, so plan accordingly. There is a Camp store with essentials, ice, firewood. And the people working in the store were very friendly. The campground is very well taken care off, very clean, and the lake is beautiful, so I do recommend this campground.