Alcoa, TENNESSEE
Most Recent Alcoa Camping Reviews
Perfect site for my first solo backpacking trip

CS37 is a beautiful campsite, and an easy 5 miles from the parking lot. The best spots (in my opinion) to the east of Big Creek trail are right along/above Big Creek, and the sound of rushing water lulls you to sleep. The camp ground was full, but never felt crowded…there was plenty of room to move around and spread out. Fire ring areas were plenty big, and ample space to hang your packs/food bags on cables. We did have a momma bear and her juvenile cub residing in one of the trees…momma never bothered us, but junior tried his hardest to see what we were having for dinner and breakfast. He was easily shoo-able and didn't cause any trouble. Big Creek is huge source for water filtration.

Great Place/Narrow Sites

This place has everything you can think of! Grills and outdoor sinks/counters for tenters, laundry, store, swimming hole, pool table, outdoor dining for large families & play structure. The staff was friendly and the area was clean & well groomed. The sites for campers were narrow and felt congested, but that was the only downside.

Narrow spots, little shade

Would be okay for a quick night stay, but nothing more.

Fun Fun Fun

We had a great time here! The sites are really close tho! Beautiful campgrounds with tons of things to keep the kids busy when you are at the site!

Decent amenities, but narrow RV spaces

Pool, playground, grounds are nice and nicely shaded. The kids love the pool and even the 1 foot kiddie pool. Office is also a store with lots of necessities. Only negative comment is the long term side of the park and then that the RV spaces are narrow in between the trees and other spots. Spots have full hookups, or you can select the water/electric only.

Awesome campground.

When I arrived I was greeted very nicely. I was offered a better camping site at no extra charge due to the many number of spaces available. It was a great place and I will gladly go back.

Life in the clouds

Best kept secret in the Smokies. Shhhhh…

Beautiful View!

We only stayed 2 nights, so my review is limited. The only downside is the horrifically unleveled sites. The bathrooms were clean, the view from our site was spectacular and the staff was very helpful. The sites were spacious and the access roads were very easy to maneuver.

A bit cramped

Very close to downtown Sevierville Tennessee and Dolly Parton’s Amusement park. With pay shuttles to and from the Ryman theater and the Grand Ole Oprey. The camp is like a parking lot with one or two trees as a separation from your neighbor. Overall, a good place to park for the weekend and enjoy the sites

Great place

Well kept campground. Outhouse available. Easy water access. Cumberland trail access. Good 14+ mile hike to great swimming at Devil's Breakfast Table

Great place in Townsend

Great little campground in Townsend TN. Owners seem to be great folks also. It's close enough to Cade's cove, and has showers, which is a requirement my wife has.

Love the views!

The only reason I didn’t give it 5 stars, is because there are no bath houses. Love the spacious sights, FHU, 50 amps, and the view is outstanding. I love the location, close to everything, but far enough from all the hustle and bustle.

Clean and quiet.

My first shelter experience, and I really enjoyed it. Most times, the people you are huddled with are what make or break a shelter stay, and I was very lucky to have awesome campmates. The shelter was surprisingly clean. The privy was too, shockingly. Water source was very close to the shelter. We had zero issues with bugs or critters bothering us at night. I was also able to get cell/satellite service outside the shelter and up on the AT.

Secluded and on the water

My wife and I were looking for somewhere close to Knoxville with some privacy on the water for a Sunday night camping spot. This TVA ground did not disappoint. We were the only two on the entire island camping and or fishing. There are obviously people out there Fri and Sat nights but if you want a private island camping experience with your campsite on waters edge, this spot is amazing. There is even another little tip of the island you can kayak, swim or even wade to depending on depth of the water. There are fire rings in multiple locations and plenty of places to tuck back in for some privacy if anyone else is camping out there. It would be a great place for Kayak or bank fishing as well. About a 45min to an hour drive from Knoxville. There are no restrooms and or amenities so plan accordingly. Roads to get back there are dirt and steep/rutted out slightly in some places. You don’t necessarily need 4 wheel drive or an off-road vehicle but if you are worried about your vehicle running up against branches then this place isn’t for you. We absolutely loved this spot and can’t wait to go back!

Great place

Took my family here for a weekend in our new camper and the people that where camping there had to have been the nicest people I’ve ever met. The people that run the campground there were super friendly and more than helpful. Will definitely be staying here more

Very nice

It was a very nice campground. The weekend we were there, there was also large scout troops there so playground was very busy and loud. My son only got to go down the slide once. The layout was nice. Our site was nice and perfect for us. The fishing pond needs to be cleaned badly! We will be trying to go back again at some point.

Greateat views

Hot showers, bathrooms and some of the the best views in the Smokies.

Best campground within a short distance of Knoxville

Great hosts, reasonably priced camp store. Been camping here for 30 years, and it’s still my all time favorite place to camp! Beautiful lake and easy access to water. Clean facilities.

Great overnight stay

Very nice facilities. We were just here for an overnight between Virginia Beach and New Orleans. Had spot C1, which is directly across from the restrooms/showers. Partial shade, nice little deck. Convenient water and electricity hookups, good WiFi. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

Spring Break 2019

Stand in a tiny home with my family for Spring Break. Can’t wait to go back.

Creekside Camping

Indian Creek offers the most relaxing creekside camping in North Carolina.

Every campsite is lush with greenery, private and well maintained after each occupancy. The bathhouse is the cleanest I have found and the campsite store carries all of your forgotten necessities, and more!

My husband and I love coming back to this campground, because how of well we and our kids sleep! The sound of the creek at night melts all of your worries away and takes you off to peaceful slumber.

This campground is always in rotation for a visit.

Smokey mountain camping

Spent 4 nights here; Really beautiful misty campground! It's located right near Gatlinburg so it's a short drive to town to grab whatever you need. Walmarts and supermarkets are located outside of Gatlinburg. Campground is pretty open and dog friendly! Has an outdoor sink and bathrooms but no showers. There's a lovely and very cold creek to go walking or swimming in. Elkmont has an open layout so you can see your neighbors there's trees all around, during sunset and sunrise hours you can see the sun peaking out of the branches and misty air low on the ground it's breathtaking!! Laurel falls is a fun hike nearby that leads to a nice waterfall you can waddle around in. Definitely a family friendly environment as well! Each campsite has a fire pit, bench, water hook-up to bring your own supply, and a paved out center to put your tent on. Try NOT TO DRIVE AT NIGHT no street lights of course in the mountains and roads are very loopey so be careful.

Little arrow outdoor resort

Little arrow outdoor resort was an awesome Campground. we really enjoyed our time there, the staff was great very friendly. There was a lot to do there for everyone in the family.

We love this place

Cool place and our kids absolutely love it. We go tubing every day. The kids bring their bikes and everyone enjoys some river fishing. Plus the nearby town of Bryson city is very nice. I highly recommend spending the extra money to get a riverfront site!!!

Week of the fourth

Descent park, small pool. Tight spots, nice creek.

Great trip

We really enjoyed our time here!

Perfect family vacation

Great camping area, great for family camping

Hiking trail around lake fun to kayak and fish on also has a swimming area and large picnic area that’s covered

Very nice and secluded. Very clean with good trail and creek access.

Sites are limited and must be reserved through the phone or website.

Wonderful

Clean, great lake access and actiities. Close to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.