The best YURTS camping near
Hartzells Ferry , PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Hartzells Ferry Camping Reviews
Not bad nice area

Sites are close together. There’s really no one enforcing any rules … neighboring sites can get pretty rowdy and not much you can do about it. But the area is very nice to drive around and site see and stop at local shops. No playground for kids.

Not a great “camping” experience

Stayed in a spot without water hook up. All spigots to fill camper with water were situated just off main driving lanes resulting in a lot of congestion of cars behind us when attempting to fill tanks. Spots were very cramped and sites lack any natural character. Kind of like a parking lot or a tailgate scene. Hiking trails were nice our stay was very crowded with lots of time traffic on all trails. May have been the overall crowding that negatively impacted our experience. Overall, not what we were expecting or looking for on a weekend getaway.

Great stop for a Bikepacker

No electrical and no pets allowed in camp sites. But plenty of trees and huge fire rings in each spot. An RV would have a tough time but for car camping it’s great. The Delaware Canal is nearby with the tow path for biking. That makes this a nice Bikepacking stop.

Awesome place and so much to do!!

This is a beautiful campground with much to do around the grounds themselves. They had live music which was actually really good!!! A reggae band. We found plenty of trails to hike with our two dogs. Staff were very helpful and kind. Bathrooms clean And shower was warm and clean as well. They even have a heater to keep you comfortable in and out of the shower. The sites could be very close depending upon where u go. We had r6 and we had neighbor on one side. If the other spot was occupied then it might be a little too close for us. But there are some other sites that def are separate. If you have a big crew then there are plenty of joint spots. It was just two of us and two dogs so we would like a little more privacy. But we made it work and it is def some place we are going to go to again and again!!!!

Great!!

Our first camping experience. Bathrooms were clean, staff were friendly and the camp site well maintained. Awesome first time experience..

Friendly and fun!

I have been camping at Jerry’s for over 10 years now. The owner is friendly and stops to chat often with us each time we go. The campground is VERY rustic with little to no amenities. There are tent sites, seasonal sites for RVs, group tent & RV sites and group/pavilion sites. There are little to no sites with electric/water hook ups however, there is a centrally located water spout to use. There are bathrooms/wash houses- they are cleaned once or twice a day but honestly, they get filthy. Jerry’s is a good place for a great time with friends; large groups usually visit Jerry’s year after year. No one bothers you and everyone respects the rules, most of the time. ☺️ We have taken our children there often but I wouldn’t recommend or call it family friendly. The location is beautiful and about 2 hours from NYC.

Cute Rustic Cabins

A quiet natural campground for nature lovers. Lots of organized activities are closed but the stores are open via Campers App with free delivery to your site!

Quiet, just remote enough, a Great Lake, and nice camp hosts

I stayed for three nights in a pull through trailer site with 50 AMP and 30 AMP electric. Easy to get in and out of, nice and shady, big spaces so you were not on top of one another, and nice and quiet. Clean and modern bath house, water close by, and great camp hosts. Definitely recommend it.

No Privacy, Dog Policy Not up to Date

I will most likely not return to this campground, although it’s just because of my own personal preferences. The two main reasons are as follows:

1. When my partner and I drove up to the campground there were multiple signs posted reading, “NO DOGS ALLOWED IN CAMPGROUND”. The pet friendly policy must be new so maybe they just haven’t gotten around to updating the signage, but it led to a few unwanted encounters which made it hard to unwind. I was questioned or warned by other campers about my dog being with me — even though I paid the extra fees online to bring her along.

2. The park was incredibly noisy at night and there is little to no privacy between campsites. Everything could be seen by your neighbors. We were kept up all night because we could hear other campers snoring and talking (they didn’t even seem to be talking loudly, they were speaking at a normal level). Because of this we left after the first night, we couldn’t handle the amount of people and are more accustomed to camping in secluded areas that allow for more relaxation.

The reason I give this campground two stars instead of one is because the bathroom and shower area was very clean, and I had my first bear encounter which was exciting. Three black bears strolled by the campsite next to ours in the early morning — gave us more of an energy boost after a sleepless night than our coffee!

2nd visit and a great time

This was our second visit to the campground and the first weekend they opened to RVs after Covid. No amenities were open but we had a great time fishing in the lake. Spots are spacious and campers were spread out throughout the large campground. Staff are very friendly and we had a great weekend! Lots of hills so bikes are hard to use. We hiked the golf cart trails which are beautiful and go throughout the woods.