Equestrian
About L. L. Stub Stewart State Park
L. L. Stub Stewart State Park is located in Oregon
11 Reviews of L. L. Stub Stewart State Park
Ranger Review: Liquid I.V. at L.L. “Stubb” Stewart

Campground Review: Something for everyone!

Top reasons I love this campground:

• So easy to get to from anywhere in northwestern Oregon; especially the Portland area
  • Open year-round
  • 18-hole disc golf course
  • Great hiking and biking trails
  • Full hook-ups, cabins, equestrian sites, and walk-in tent sites

Product Review: As a Ranger for The Dyrt, occasionally I get to test products. At this campground, I tested Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier and the Liquid I.V. Sleep night time drink mix. I really liked both products. They are portable, have natural ingredients, taste good and I found them to be effective! Additionally, Liquid I.V. has an incredible social justice cause donating millions of their products to people around the world who are in need of proper hydration. I love that this is a company AND products I feel good about!

Pros:

• Portable
  • Natural ingredients (vitamins, electrolytes, potassium, sodium, glucose)
  • Rapid absorption
  • IT WORKS!!
  • Amazing cause

Cons:

• It’s pricey
  • I wish the Sleep night time drink mix came in another flavor without lavender
  • Contains more sugar than I would like

Overall, I give the product 4.5 stars

Amazing park

Absolutely love the cabins at this place! We live 30 minutes away so it’s the perfect quick get away. Our dog LOVES the dog park too. Amazing views

Hmmmm

Mixedfeeling about this place, the trails are great however owners don't clean up after there horses that go on the trail. Beautiful area secluded lots of trees

Amazing state park with tons of camping

This park has breathtaking views and a nice dog park. Most of the time I have the place to myself

Great for group camping

This is a great spot for group camping! The upper area encircles a large open are perfect for games and running around. There is a nice disk golf course and a lot of large paths for waking and biking. Tons of hiking trails and close to Vernonia. The restrooms are clean. There are several ADA sites, cabins, tent soots and even horse sites.

Sweet Cabins, Dog Friendly

We stayed in the Cabins here, dog friendly, cozy in the winter months, only a couple dog friendly cabins so have to book ahead of time. Sweet campfire, a bit close together. Nice shorter hikes.

spacious sites and good hiking

We stayed here for about 5 days while we tested out our new trailer prior to a longer cross country trip. We are from Portland and this is a short drive from home.

Sites here are spacious and have picnic tables and firepits. We had room for our 28 foot trailer plus 2 pickups (extra charge for extra vehicle though).

Shower facilities were ok - typical campground facilities in my opinion, but at least it was an actual toilet and hot water in the showers.

Not a ton of privacy at each site, but got some shade during each day and plenty of space to stretch out and cook/eat outside or just sit and chill.

There are miles of hiking trails that are family friendly and the dog park has one of the best views I've ever seen from a dog park.

The camp host we met was super friendly and very helpful. They sell firewood and ice every evening.

Closest campsite to Portland

Went tent camping. Was expecting a bit more of a campsite, but it was just a big field with everybody together. No privacy or trees even blocking other campsites. Not suitable for more than 1 tent or groups. Bathrooms okay, and water was close so thats a plus. Would only stay again if desperate.

Fun hike in tent spot

This was my first time at this campground and I really want to go back. We reserved a spot in the Brooke Creek walk-in tent site. It is a 1/4 mile walk to the sites starting from the visitors center. We got there late at night and didn't notice the carts available for hauling all your stuff. :( But the hike isn't long or difficult. The sites don't have fire pits but there is a communal fire pit, which is great for meeting your fellow campers! This area is beautiful and there are many trails around to go hiking and horseback riding on.

L. L. Stub Stewart State Park

Weather: beautiful for February/March! Sunny during the day, highs around 50, close to freezing at night. Amenities: Difficult disc golf course, and three hole warm-up course, rental meeting hall available with two charcoal BBQs, two welcome centers, rental cabins, big back-in spaces, tons of hiking trails that link up with. Wooded and serene. We'd rate this a 7.5.