Adair Village, OREGON

Camping Oregon Adair Village

Most Recent Adair Village Camping Reviews
The Best

The best in Salem, very clean.

Pretty but:

It’s very pretty by the river but people that are long term have junk in their front yards and the managers allow that! Makes it look junky! Rules aren’t enforced

Not safe

We had planned to spend one night here. But after doing laundry next door we decided to keep going. The community is filled with homeless people and there was “unsavory” businesses surrounding this park. I didn’t feel safe!

Magical forest plus beach

This is our second visit to Beverly beach. It is located right off hwy 101, but tucked into the trees for privacy. It seemed quite a bit run down since our last visit for years ago. We stayed in the very back which was nice and quiet. The front campground is right by the beach, but under a bridge which has a lot of road noise. We enjoyed the hiking trail around the perimeter of the park and the kings surf didn’t disappoint. Only one shower house was open in febraury, but it has individual free showers. There was many hosts and they even delivered our firewood to our site

Nice camping near Yaquina Bay

[ PROS ]

• Big interpretive/visitor center. It was closed during offseason but I hear the Rangers host lots of fun activities for kids
  • There is a hospitality center where you can purchase firewood ($5), bags of ice, along with other fun gift items. You can also pick up brochures, maps, and other helpful information about the park's activities
  • Lots of hiking and equestrian trails around
  • Beach trail access that takes you right to the coast
  • FREE HOT SHOWERS!! Woot woot! I'm from CA so most CA State Parks have pretty sad showers that you have to pay for. This was such a treat for us.
  • Clean restrooms, plenty of stalls, ample toilet paper, soap dispenser. The restroom facilities are really nice!
  • Close to Rogue Brewery. We went on a day trip to visit the brewery, enjoy some local brews, and have lunch. The place has so much fun merchandise and beer for souvenirs.

[ CONS ]

• Really crowded campground. We came during offseason (mid-November) and the place was still mobbed. We were on a 2-week camping road trip and all the other campgrounds we visited along the way were really empty, this place looked fully occupied as far as the eye can see.
  • Individual sites are pretty small and close together. Not the worst I've experienced, but I was definitely wishing for a little more space
  • Not many tent sites. Only 60 tent sites and 227 electrical sites. We ended up getting an electrical site (based on availability) so we were surrounded by large RVS all around.
Standard KOA

Very standard KOA right off the highway.

Nice big park

Walk to a great beach. Walk in the forest. Reasonable rates. Firewood just great.

Well loved but well maintained park

Pretty awesome campsites right on the river. That is incredibly well appointed. Full hookups for RVs electric and water. Dump station.

Some Tent sites have a built in shelter over picnic tables. Communal recycling bins. Sink dump sites near all campsites. Very nice bathrooms with full showers.

Handful of sites on the river itself. Big group camping sections and awesome group picnic shelter/hall. Day use facilities.

Very wooded and the campsites feel private. Not far from Salem. Playground and activities for the kids. Small info hut and amphitheater. Well loved but well maintained park but is affordable on BLM land.

Loved this campground !

I camped here 2 nights at the end of my bicycle trip down the Oregon coast (wanted to continue but had to get back to work) I had reserved the site >1 month in advance through the app (Recreation.gov) and hoped it would be a good tent site. It was pretty good but we had to get creative to find room for our 2 small tents. The campground seems more geared to mostly campers and RVs, but there are a lot of sites with good space for tents too. I highly recommend this campground and wish it was closer to my home because I want to go back again!!

Great campground, ok hiker-biker area

I’ve camped here (yurt) once a decade ago and loved it. Then I stayed here in Sept 2019 at the Hiker-Biker area while bicycling down the Oregon coast. The biker camp area is fairly nice with lots of room to choose a good site. However it’s pretty isolated away from much of the rest of the campground and the only toilet facilities were 2 port-a-potties, they weren’t terribly gross but definitely not the cleanest I’ve seen. If you want a shower it’s somewhere in the area of the other campground loops. There are 3 small hard plastic lockers for bike campers to lock up their food and other items - however they are fairly old and it’s difficult to get the door to fully close on 2 of them. Each locker does have an electrical outlet so you can charge your phone or other electronic items. The walk out on the beach is beautiful and when I was there (middle of September) there were a few whales just offshore- incredible to just watch as the sun was setting! Overall, recommend this campground but wish that a few improvements could be made to the biker site.