Running Fox Estates , OHIO

Most Recent Running Fox Estates Camping Reviews
Hidden Gem!!

Wow!! We happened to stumble across this campground while making an ohio map of campgrounds to visit. For some reason this place is not known to most. Every time I ask people if they've been here, no one ever knows about it. Even my parents didn't know it existed, and we did a lot of camping growing up. Delete state park is in the middle of corn county and has very little around it. Just the drive from the entrance of the park to the sites takes ten minutes. But it is a beautiful drive. The park is huge, gas multiple playgrounds, beach, tornado shelter, etc. The campgrounds have brand new roads and pads that are very level, very long and extremely wide! The absolute best site pads I've seen. The sites are large mostly spread out. Many of the bathrooms are updated to the private seperate bath/shower stalls that were amazing to use. We booked at the last minute and honestly didn't have the highest hopes for the place based on some older reviews. We really lucked out with the ONLY site that was open. Amazing site 197!!! This site was probably the best site in the entire campground. It was huge, backed up to the woods, lake, hiking trails and a huge picnic area in the woods. The fire pit, which was at least 20 feet behind our camper, had a circle of trees around it where we hung our two hammocks and had room for more. All of the fire pits were the newest ODNR model with the swing away and adjustable cooking grate. Sounds like a small feature, but it is actually amazing compared to all the others. This site seemed like it was twice as big as the others. When we plan our trips for the summer, we usually prefer going somewhere new each time. We have a limited number of places we put on our return trip. This one has made it to number 2, behind Kelly's Island and Maumee Bay. We would highly recommend!!!!

"Our first ever Camping trip"

Was a great place to stay me and my wife both used to go as children and it was as we remember a great place to be and have your family pet friendly everybody's friendly just a little pricey and some locks are a little too car so Choose Wisely or call ahead to reserve would be the smartest thing if you're a veteran definitely use it as discount… All in all it was a "GREAT" first trip… ENJOY!!!

Favorite Park in Ohio

We love this park! Lots of hiking! Even saw a bald eagle this trip.

Another Thanksgiving spent in our camper and it was so nice and relaxing. There were more campers than a expected this weekend. I guess everyone likes to social distance in there campers too.

Camping in the off season is our favorite time of year. This particular park has potable water on by the dump station and the dump station is open. The water at the full hook up sites are turned off.

No cell service with Verizon at this park.

Not for me

This is an amazing place. I felt like I had arrived at a cult gathering. Lots of kids on bikes and families having fun. Sounded like live music after dark accompanied by whooping and hollering and people having fun. I hiked with my dogs before leaving and got lost for awhile. The place is big. Did not go into shower or any Other facility. This is a certain kind of place but not for me. Sites on top of each other.

Boring spot with lots of horse poop!

I got to Mohican a little late. Decided to do this free spot to save money. Well hidden with no view. Also had to dodge lots of horse manure. I definitely should have gotten a paid for spot.

Best campground we’ve been to all year

This summer my family has went to many campgrounds and by far Delaware has been our favorite. The site we were on was set back in the woods. My daughter had tons of fun exploring the woods connected to our site. We did not swim due to it being in the 60s and rainy during most of our stay but we did go look at the beach it was very clean and appears well cared for. The bathroom on our loop was older def in need of some updating but it wasn’t a big deal.

Small, but perfect site for us

This was a last minute reservation and only available due to a cancellation. The campground was full for the weekend. The campground is pretty big with different types of sites. Some are smaller, close to neighbors while other have seclusion with trees. From past experience, if it rains, some of the sites do flood. We had great weather this weekend. The site we reserved had a hill right next to the passenger side/door side of your camper. If you had a big camper, it might be tight to open your slides and an awning. You most likely would not sit right outside your camper door. In fact, the fire ring is behind the site and up a small hill. We set up our ez-up in the back and out of the way, it worked for us. There was also a path that led you into the playground. Speaking of playgrounds, you will hear a lot of kids if the weather is nice. We were right across from the camp host (very nice lady) and very short walk to the bathhouse. The bathhouse had 4 flushable toilets and I think 3 showers. The showers did not have benches in the stall, only on the outside directly across. With a full campground, the bathrooms were kept very clean with the amount of people using it. We walked around and noticed a lot of bathhouses and another playground. We took a hike that led us to the lodge - it was an in and out and just under 5 miles. On our way back we stopped at the camp store which was well stocked with items you may need or not. There is a putt putt course, frisbee disc course, horse trails, dog park, nature center, golf course and more trails nearby. There are plenty of things to do if you like to keep busy or are trying to keep kids entertained. (The bees and stinkbugs were out and about while we were there.)

Nice Campground with mix of tent and rv sites

Deer Creek State Park Campground is aptly named. There are deer all over and you can see them from many campsites…though we haven’t seen any deer tick yet. There are many heavily shaded sites and another side is fairly open. Many sites off the main road have hills you need to go down to set up a tent. Comfort Stations (read flush toilets) are usually close by and several Shower Houses are scattered throughout the grounds. Shower houses are in great shape and have plenty of hot water but only 3 showers per house and are fairly small. Campsites are mixed in sizes. Some are great for a small group (3-4) to camp together and have a common area while others are pretty spacious. We are in 109 and have plenty of privacy and overlook a small fishing pond. Nothing close by so pick up any gas, groceries or snacks you want before you get here. Nice place and we’ll definitely come back.

Park and pack site #4

Near the bridal trails you'll find Park and Pack site #4. It's a great spot if your legs are tired after a long day of hiking or if you did too many hills that day. Or if you're a beginner camper, or family that want to try something new, it's easy to walk into and out of. You'll find campsite #4 near the horse pavilion and a large wood barn where it looks that wood is provided. The trail itself is flat, wide and conditions depend on recent rainfall and horse use. It was mostly dry with some muddy areas to navigate around. You'll need to transport it back to camp somehow by pack or a cart/wheelbarrow… It has creative man made benches from logs/branches, a great view for sunset. Per paper maps it looks like it's among the other campsites but actually it's on its own and the opposite side of the multiple bridal trailhead.

Good not great

Decent spot , some trials but nothing spectacular…

Year 2021 Flag