Standard (Tent/RV)
50 amp Hookups
Nimisila Reservoir Metro Park Campground is located in Ohio
4 Reviews of Nimisila Reservoir Metro Park Campground
Nothing Special

Driving down from MI to meet some friends from PA for a weekend of hiking in Cuyahoga Valley. There were a few suggested campgrounds online and with the only open spots we ended up at Nimisila.

Nothing to write home about. Decent fire pits and space. Picnic tables were chained down so we couldn’t move them closer to the fire for seating. Also there was no water spigot or well which wasn’t cool.

The reservoir itself was nice to look at but fairly weedy at the launch area. People were kayaking for sure.

This campsite was also a good 25-30 minutes from the park. We knew this going in but, if I return to this area, I would for sure look somewhere else.

Also technically a dry campground.

NO WATER

Please do not make the mistake I did. There is no running water here. No showers, nothing to wash with or drink. You must bring in your water and bath when you get home.

Close to a lot; Close to each other ;-)

Nimisila Reservoir is a pretty solid, but small park easily accessible by Akron, Canton, and Green. Several sites have electric (they are actually the most spacious ones), and most sites are fairly spacious.

The sights on the outer rim of the loop (often, the even numbered sites) tend to be the better sites. The latter number sites - sites 28, 26, 24, 22, are nestled inside tall Lodge Pole Pines. You are sure to find a great canopy in the evening, and pine needles throughout your site.

It’s always a challenge separating “the experience,“ from the campground itself. In my case, my neighbors stayed up late listening to the same 12-track CD on repeat ;-) Common courtesy is an issue at all campgrounds, but I hate to say this soured the experience for me.

Nimisilin seems perfectly poised for those eager to launch kayaks, stand up paddle boards, and boats with small motors. I saw several people fishing, and at least a dozen people out on the water. Seems like a great opportunity for those who are able!

Quick tip: If you’re able, rent a kayak. The shallow water, lengthy shoreline, and scenic views make for a great paddle.

Serene and peaceful

My first time at this campground that used to be a state park and now the metro park has taken it over. It’s small with only 29 sites and 6 of those have electric. We stayed in site 22 with electric. We were surrounded by pine trees along the banks of a 800-acre reservoir. Lots of birdwatching and relaxing. There are no showers or water. They had vault/pit toilets that were very clean. If you have kids there is a playground as well. If we are in that area I’d definitely go back.