Boughtonville , OHIO

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Boughtonville Camping Reviews
Quiet in Winter

Only 6 campers in the entire park. A nice bike trail leads from the campground to the beach. The park is very clean and well maintained. In the winter all of the bathrooms and shower houses are closed but a porta potty is available. Also all the water is off except at the check in office there is a hose for potable water.

There’s lots of wildlife at this park. We saw lots of deer, squirrels and eagles.

This park is definitely worth the trip in the off season, but I am not sure it’s for us peak season.

Favorite Park in Ohio

We love this park! Lots of hiking! Even saw a bald eagle this trip.

Another Thanksgiving spent in our camper and it was so nice and relaxing. There were more campers than a expected this weekend. I guess everyone likes to social distance in there campers too.

Camping in the off season is our favorite time of year. This particular park has potable water on by the dump station and the dump station is open. The water at the full hook up sites are turned off.

No cell service with Verizon at this park.

Disappointing

Campsites are super close to each other, people arrived late and were extremely loud trying to park their campers and fifth wheels, someone decided to turn their generator on at 4:30am. Possibly just a bad weekend to end up here-didn’t end up staying for our whole reservation.

Not for me

This is an amazing place. I felt like I had arrived at a cult gathering. Lots of kids on bikes and families having fun. Sounded like live music after dark accompanied by whooping and hollering and people having fun. I hiked with my dogs before leaving and got lost for awhile. The place is big. Did not go into shower or any Other facility. This is a certain kind of place but not for me. Sites on top of each other.

Boring spot with lots of horse poop!

I got to Mohican a little late. Decided to do this free spot to save money. Well hidden with no view. Also had to dodge lots of horse manure. I definitely should have gotten a paid for spot.

Park and pack site #4

Near the bridal trails you'll find Park and Pack site #4. It's a great spot if your legs are tired after a long day of hiking or if you did too many hills that day. Or if you're a beginner camper, or family that want to try something new, it's easy to walk into and out of. You'll find campsite #4 near the horse pavilion and a large wood barn where it looks that wood is provided. The trail itself is flat, wide and conditions depend on recent rainfall and horse use. It was mostly dry with some muddy areas to navigate around. You'll need to transport it back to camp somehow by pack or a cart/wheelbarrow… It has creative man made benches from logs/branches, a great view for sunset. Per paper maps it looks like it's among the other campsites but actually it's on its own and the opposite side of the multiple bridal trailhead.

Large spacious Covid19 friendly site

Take a walk down a dirt beaten path with mature trees towering and hang a right and the path gets more eroded from rains, then you go up a slight steep hill and a big area is open for several tents to be set up, a few safe spots for hammocking. Lovely spot for after work camp set up.

A bit tired

It’s a nice enough campground definitely starting to show its age the laundry rooms and showers looking old Plenty of room for kids to run around

Beautiful but too cramped for our taste

Beautiful area. Very clean. Didn’t need laundry facilities but at least they have them. Very easy to park our dualy truck and 43’ Momentum 5th wheel in spot B-033. B loop was great for pull through spots. Super cute play grounds all around, one even 10 feet from our site. Friendly campers around however the site were a little close to each for our taste. Lots of tree shade around which made it nice to go for walks in the sun. Would return for sure.

Love this place

A great campground in Ohio. So clean and so many things to do. Campsites are close together but they do honor quiet hours. Great trail around the lake and a fun and challenging disc golf course.