Camping in Starmount Forest

Recent Hike-In Reviews Near Starmount Forest, North Carolina

173 Reviews of 17 Starmount Forest, North Carolina Campgrounds

S
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2021

You’re stuck inside the park at night!

The campsites are alright minus the hike but the downside is they lock the gate at night and no one else is there so if you have an emergency or just need to leave you can’t, you’re literally stuck.

Cassandra R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Wonderful

This campground is wonderful. The entire park is. Lots of great hiking and things to do!

The only downside is that everyone else seems to know how great this spot is, and therefore it can be very crowded

D
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Beautiful, Great Camping!

Located close to nothing else, this campground was so peaceful at night. During the day, it’s beautiful. It’s got showers with hot water and accessible facilities. Great camping!

Fonda F.
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2021

Phillpot love

Beautiful lake area clean,peaceful and in tje sticks friendly va hospitality beautiful land and water,awesome camp sites friendly staff

Bryan H.
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Can’t reach anyone!☹️

I have reach out to this location 3 times 2 times by phone and 1 time by email. However I have not received any response from them at all. I really want to see how this location is it appears nice…. The website states they are working with limited spots since they wanted first responders and such….…

Gabby A.
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Great area to bring the fur babies!

It was a nice spot, big open camping spots that are first come first serve. The drive down the trail can be a bit much if you’re in a smaller car like we were, we had to drive slowly down because of all of the rocks. We didn’t catch any fish but I’m sure if you’re able to get out in the water via…

• At the water, about a 5 minute walk from our campsite
  • At the water, there were areas we let them off leash & explore, use caution of course. Our girl likes to explore, this picture was after she Houdini’d herself from her harness & we found her in the water. After that, we kept her off & it was generally easy to see where she was going as the area is pretty open.
  • At the campsite, both our babies had so much room to run around & play, I had my husky on a 30tf. leash & she did get tangled up a bit.
Sitetwo campsites before the Deep Water Trail, on the right
T
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2021

Great place for outdoor getaway

This park was great for my family. We hiked down with our stuff and set up at campsite 4. We were the only ones there for the weekend and there was ample space for setting up. We used the fire pit and the kids played in the creek. While staying at the park we went on hikes, fished, and played disc…

Dave V.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2021

Andy Griffith's favorite haunt with Helen Crump

I have driven past geological knob numerous times in my NC travels, but this time I was able to visit. I usually travel 'by the seat of my pants' and hope to find an available site and being early week I was able to easily secure a site.

Of the 42 campsites, less than a dozen were filled, so I had…

• Entrance Sign
  • Pretty self explanatory
  • Trail signage
Darrell W.
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Great for a short trip

What a great campground. The bath house/restrooms are very nice and the campsite was very well shaded. The walk to the lake was not bad at all. We only stayed a couple of nights so we did not venture out much. Cool place to go

Elizabeth J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Great staff and large sites

Wonderful staff we were there from Monday (Labor Day) thru Wednesday so very quiet. I understand it is busy on weekends and holidays but we are lucky enough to camp during the week.

Site was large and very level. Bought new Anderson levelers and haven’t even had a chance to use them.

SiteI believe it was site C1. this is a new section.
KB H.
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Perfect weekend getaway!

This was my first time ever visiting Eno River State Park. My partner and I camped at Fanny’s Ford at one of the primitive sites. The sites are well spaced but not a lot of privacy. We didn’t mind and everyone was cordial. On Friday there were a few logs left for campers at the entrance to the…

• Site 2 - Eno River at the bottom of the hill
  • Site 2 view from my eno
Site2 and 4
Erin W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Pretty campground, great hiking, lame lake

Nice campground with spacious campground sites. If you like hiking... this park is perfect! Hanging rock is a beautiful spot.. go early cuz it gets busy. Lots of waterfalls as well.

But if you want the lake you’ll have to pay extra per person to use. As well as rent boats & boards...…

Terri F.
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Into the woods

Nestled in the middle of NC is this great forest. There were lots of established camping spots. We picked a nice one near a stream. There was a lot of road traffic even late into the night. People were friendly when we saw them but everyone kept their distance.

SiteN/A
bThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Uwharrie campground

The State Forest has camping. We used our pop-up with a generator in rustic locations. There are hiking, horse, OHV, dirt bike, ATV, and mountain bike trails.

Jenn M.
Reviewed May. 20, 2021

Great Spot !

Lots to do.... hiking, ride bicycle, fishing and off road or just relax and take in the beautiful surroundings! P.s. Dogs are welcome!