Camping in White Rock

12 Reviews of 4 White Rock, New Mexico Campgrounds

Emily C.
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Nice place

Our car broke down so we had to stay here. I think it was a great spot to break down. The pool was amazing and refreshing. The bathrooms had a code to get in and were clean. There were lots of families around.

Sitetent
Scott J.
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Class c RV

A quiet place and beautiful place to stay. Very clean, electric and water included up to $88.00 each.

Month of VisitFebruary
mThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

First Camping trip

This was our first camping trip but we loved the campsite and the pool!

Sitefull hookup site
Tommy B.
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

The Best $5 campsite

We love this area. Amazing hiking and mtb’ing trails. And, a nice lake.

C
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

So. Much. Space.

Small campground with massive campsites. This campground could easily squeeze double, if not triple, the sites out of these woods, but someone decided to let everyone breath a little here, and we should thank that someone. Granted, it's a small crawl to one of the only two bathroom huts (each with…

Hayley K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 27, 2020

Great for RV stopovers but that's it

We were trying to find something before the sun went down and stopped here, but ended up moving on as they didn't have tent sites that we were interested in and we wanted a bit more seclusion. I was able to grab some info though. This campground is sort of between building of the fairgrounds.…

Month of VisitMarch
Doven P.
Reviewed Oct. 7, 2019

Just what I needed

After two days roughing it in the wilderness with no facilities, Moore’s was a great place to pitch a tent, take a shower and relax in a chair in the shade before heading to Durango. I have stayed here twice and will do so again

Q
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2019

High traffic low privacy

Indian Route 12 runs north to south and bisects the wheatfields lake and the main campground areas. Overnight camping and fires are discouraged along the lake but people get away with it. There is sporadic night traffic on the roadway throughout the night and it is sometimes loud. The campsites are…

D
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2018

Calm and Charming

Had a blast staying here. Went fishing took my 12 footer aluminum boat caught a good amount of fish.

Irene L.
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2017

National Forest

Densely wooded PRIMITIVE campground with trails and fishing but NO WATER. We only stayed there while driving from ABQ to the coast, which was perfect for us, but we will plan to return to explore the Cibola National Forest more. It was cool and shady in August so we quite enjoyed it as a stopover.…

Charles V.
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2016

It's So Quiet

We stayed at Quaking Aspen Campground for one night but thats all it took. I fell in love with the campground. The big aspen trees, how remote and quiet it was. The elevation at which the cg is at is 8000' makes for cool days and nic crisp cool nights, even in the summertime.

• I fell in love with thus Aspen tree
  • Morning from the tent
  • Our home for the night at Quaking Aspen CG
Tyler G.
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2016

Wonderful Base to Explore the Hidden Beauty of the Zuni Mountains

We used this campground as a starting point for a research trip sampling Precambrian rocks of the Zuni Mountains. I hadn't spent much time in this part of New Mexico, and assumed that the trip was going to be hot and sun-bleached, similar to the desert exposed in nearby Gallup, NM. I was surprised…

• This campground serves as a wonderful escape into the forests of the Zuni Mountains.
  • The only photo I managed to grab of the campground itself.
  • The nearby Zuni Mountains contain many oddities and interests in addition to wildlife, such as many abandoned mining operations. Be careful though! While many (such as this one) are on public land, the area is interfingered with private land holdings and maintained mine claims. Pay attention to signs and you should be fine!