Platte Center , NEBRASKA

Camping Nebraska Platte Center

Most Recent Platte Center Camping Reviews
Nice RV Sites

This is a nice city park with numerous site with electric and water hookup, dump station is located on you way out of the park. The sites are grass and some of them are on some slopes. It took a few moves to get leveled out.

Great amenities

Spent 3 nights 4 days here in September. There are lots of things that keep kids busy. Outdoor pool, putt putt golf, play ground and more. There is also a golf course that is within walking distance (not attached to park).

Small and Peaceful

We visit this camp ground multiple times a year. It is a donation camp ground with electric hookup (30 & 50 amp). The city park is a quick walk. Wonderful little site, be aware there is train tracks that run next to the park. While there are not a lot of trains that go through you will hear a loud train once in a while.

Great Little Campground!

We made a pit stop here on the way North and were impressed with this hidden gem. There's about a dozen RV spots with electric hookups, a public bathroom, picnic areas, folfing, and several playground areas. You pay what you can for a donation, with a four night limit.

This was a nice little one nighter camp spot.

This was a nice camp ground I prefer to be close to a water source but for one night it was great.

A special place

Found this campground The Dyrt. 10 or so RV sites and a large tent area. Tent area require walking in (which I wasn’t prepared to do) so I opted to pay thenRV fee and set my tent up in the grass near my car. Nice spot.

Perfect family place

Upper big blue is fantastic at the upkeep of the lake. They are non invasive and polite. Only thing I would change is having showers. Daily fees $15 And you can stay up to 14 days. They have around 10 hookups for RVs and a large area for camping with separate bathrooms. They also have a pavilion with grills available and fire pits with picnic tables on each slot. They also have playground equipment available for young children and fishing as well as a boat dock and a beautifully maintained hiking trail.

Very nice grounds and great amenities

Popped in for a quick one night stay on our way west. Chose this place based on reviews on The Dyrt. It is mid week in October but it's so quiet, which we really like. Great pull through spaces with full hook ups and fantastic WiFi which allowed me to get some much needed work in. When I told the owner we had two dogs he put us directly across from the dog park which our pups really liked. Super cute touches around the place including bench swings at all the sites. Looks like the place could be great for families in the summer.

It is directly adjacent to the highway so there is some noise but it's not too bad. We actually felt it was quiet and relaxing.

Very Beautiful Place

Small towns tend to be quiet areas anyway and this is surrounded by small towns. Therefore it has that ALL is welcome feel, quiet and beautiful grounds. I believe it’s fairly new. There’s a wonderful trail to walk around a small lake. Beautiful just doesn’t justify the look and feel of this place.

Sunset Reset

We stopped here for 1 night on our way through Nebraska. We arrived around 4:00 pm on a Saturday in September (record high temperatures 97°) hoping to get a spot as it states first come first serve. We were very lucky only 1 site was open and the off site host happen to be there when we arrived he said the campers before us had just left. I didn't use the women's restrooms here but my boyfriend Jesse said the male restroom was nice, clean and well lit at night. The concrete pads were nice, plenty wide and very level. It made setting up after a 7.5hr drive 🛣 very quick and easy. Nightly rate with electricity was $14 and was paid using envelope and drop box. There was only 1 spigot for fresh water our hose reached to it at site 8. We used the dump station 💩 on the way out and it was very nice! Level, clean and everything functional 👌 The lake was beautiful we set up and cooked dinner then took a short walk down to the lake to enjoy the sunset. I was surprised that at a full capacity campground on a lake during record high temperatures of 97° no one was at the lake. Someone had a few fishing poles set out but otherwise no one was around it was quite and peaceful. One problem we experienced at this campground were these small black biting nats or as Jesse calls them "no see ems" because they are so small you can barely see them but they hurt! Oh and the flies were awful! We called it a night early at 8:30p but had trouble sleeping because of a group of smaller children hollering and having a great time until after 11pm. We were just exhausted from driving but normally that would not have been an issue.