Murray , NEBRASKA

Most Recent Murray Camping Reviews
Some of the Best Hiking in Southeast NE

I love Platte River State Park; there are accommodations for every type of camper - cabins, RV, privative - hell they even have teepees!

On top of the excellent camping offered, they have a wealth of amazing hiking / biking trails that traverse through some amazing scenery. Just like the camping, you can pick between the less intensive paved walkways or you can walk along the hilly bluffs that contour the Platte River.

A great place to crash for the night

Arrived out of Denver. We crashed here for the Night. Key was in the night drop. It was quiet and the amenities looked nice but we really were only here for about 6 hours. Would recommend as a great place to crash just off the interstate so easy access in/out.

2 trains in the night

As with all KOAS they’re always near a main road or freeway so there was noise from cars passing - but becomes white-noise so was okay. There were 2 trains in the night - but we were able to fall asleep again. Other than that - clean tent sites, restrooms with showers and nice staff, oh and a huge bump in the ground that was a bouncy trampoline that all kids were having a marvelous time on. We’d go again.

Please note: the entrance from the road needs extra lighting - please be extra careful when entering!

Cottonwood Marina & RV park is home when in Nebraska

Love this place. Band on the weekends, playground, full level hookups on gravel, free wifi and on the river

Great little hiking park

Been coming to this place on and off for years. They have several hiking trails of different skills inside the preserve. There is a couple look out points of the Loess Hills as well as a educational visitors center. There is a rv camping site, as well as cabins that can be rented. There also 2 types of tenting as well. There is the walk up sites near the cabins, and also a few hike in camp sites.

Mahoney review

My buddies and I rented cabin in the area. Lots of options when it comes to cabins tent areas and RV pads. There is enough here to keep you busy for a long time my favorite is the eagles nest you can see miles down the river. If you have a family I would strongly recommend a visit. Might be biased due to having a bunch of birthday parties here growing up but it’s one of my favorite places to take my son. Photos are taken from river looking at Mahoney.

A true outdoorsmen and fisherman's paradise

This place is a private, and quiet area. You almost get a vibe at first that your somewhere you should be. Than you get a look at that lake and forget about. Charity lake sits in between or in a valley of hills. You see these hills will all this plush green trees around this lake. I can only imagine what this place looks like in the fall with the different color of foilage. There is a dirt road that takes you to the other side of the lake, but not much there. The campsites aren't really but a fire ring. But for primitive campers that all you need. There is out house there, and about it. This place is not for the faint of heart, but there is a lot of beauty in nature. But I will tell you I am already planning a trip to this place with my oldest here.

Close to town easy in and out fishing

I like this site because I can get there within 20 minutes from my house in Lincoln. Paved roads and parking lot. Easy to use boat ramp. If you enjoy dock fishing this is the lake for you. They have several individual docks to fish off of. The catfish will come right up to them at night.

Back to the basics

Large park over 3,000 acres, plenty of hiking trails to enjoy. I really didn't see any trails suitable for bicycling, if biking around RV sites its very hilly and hard to ride. Forget about wifi, hard to find if you can find it at all and no attena tv, your really out in the middle of nowhere, but its a nice park to get away . Only downside, with 134 RV sites there is only one dump station, just dont get in a hurry leaving if you have to dump your RV.

Been going here since I was a kid

First off let me start by saying, I have been going here since I was very little. So I may just have soft spot for this place. But I have always had a fun time here. Whether I was riding a bike around the paved roads. Fishing in one of the sandpit lakes they have to offer, or the river. Walk around the nature trails, or lakes. Or swimming in the swimming area, or wading in the Platte River. I have alway felt at home at this park. It's always clean, and quiet in frequent visits we have had. They offer tent, and rv camping either off the lakes or river. They have a day use area for the river where you can go and visit in the day or picnic. They also have old remodeled Union Pacific caboose you can stay in.