The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Lodgepole , NEBRASKA

Camping Nebraska Lodgepole Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Lodgepole Camping Reviews
Secluded camping area

For an overnight stay this suited its purpose just fine.  Clean restrooms and sites. Treeless campsites with a shelter for sun and wind protection. But in October, the weather was accommodating.   Would definitely go here again for an overnighted on my way to the Rockies from the east on 80.

1 night stand

We stayed at the Little Thunder campground for 1 night while passing through Nebraska. Wow! The views were wonderful. We had to pay $8 for an entry fee into the park. Camping fees were paid at the campground using an envelope and a drop box. They offered full hookup sites 1-8 for $37/night and sites 9-42 are $32/night w/ electricity. We chose site 25 It has a nice sandy trail that leads you right to the beach.🏖 We arrived at 4:00pm on a Friday evening in September and there were plenty of sites to choose from. We seen a few campers & tents ⛺ boondocking on the beach, we wanted to go out there but after boondocking in Colorado for 5 days we wanted to enjoy the electricity hookup for the night. The cons to this site is there were tiny cockle burrs on the ground EVERYWHERE! Our poor dogs were injured immediately after arriving before we realized these cockle burrs were on the ground by then we had tracked them inside the camper, vehicle on our shoes..My family got them stuck in their hands and feet ouch! I wasn't a happy camper while getting those burrs out of the dogs paws and out of the camper and clothes. There are no signs stating dogs weren't allowed on the beach so we carried them down there where they were safe to walk around. I am not sure if these burrs are all over the campground because I did not leave our site other than the path to beach which didn't have these burrs. The wind had picked up out of nowhere and the clouds rolled in then sand was blowing hard everywhere so we retreated to our camper for the night. Be prepared there is alot of white sand here.

Perfect for everyone even kids

Half the campground is FCFS other half is reserved. Every site has water/power/sewer There is shade on almost every site. There is a playground for kids. All outer loop sites face the water.

Camping on a working farm

Camper Park is just off the interstate and was a great place to stay for a night when I was on a road trip. The lounge area, laundry room and bathroom are kept clean. The owner is wonderful. She even gave me some eggs for my breakfast and cucumbers as a snack for the road.

Great ocean beach camp spot in the middle of the country

Felt like I was at an ocean beach in the middle of NEBRASKA. Paid the necessary dues at the entrance to the beach area and then drove along the water to find the perfect spot. Backed the Jeep up to the water and called it home for the night. It was a little windy the day I stayed there…hopefully it is calmer most days. I think you can find other spots in coves that would guard you from the wind if needed. Great sunset and sunrise views.

Hidden Gem....

We stopped for one night on our way to Illinois as we were happily surprised about the actual site and their staff. Recently changed name. The site was well kept and cleaned. Highly recommended!

Close to the highway so it can be a little noisy but really not as bad once you are inside your RV.

Beautiful white sand beach

My husband and I pulled up to this campground hoping for a walk up site, as we didn’t have a reservation. We were able to find a primitive spot near some beautiful cedar and cotton trees that even had a walking path to the beach and water. The bathrooms and showers were not the newest or cleanest and there is a train track with trains that went through throughout the day and night. Otherwise, beautiful campground and it wasn’t very busy during the week.

Best managers ever!

This was a tiny little campground that hit the spot after driving 14 hours. Spotless bathrooms, perfectly groomed campsite, and ridiculously wonderful management! There was a heck of a storm on the horizon and the management kept pulling up radar for us to put our minds at ease! Gave us little gifts for the kids and earplugs for the highway lol! I just really can’t say enough good things about these people. It’s not too often that you meet people that just make you feel at home like they did. I’ll be back during my next cross country trip! Love this place!

Lake is almost dry

The lake is dry about 50% No overnight camping. Just daytime beach. Nothing to do here any more

Clean but confusing

Stayed one night using one of the six tent camping sites. You either have to self register at the main office (unmanned) or go to Cabalas store and pay. A nice lady and daughter was waiting on a bus at the campsite building explained the procedure and most importantly gave me the 3 number pass to get into the bathroom (priceless)!

Bathrooms were clean. Camp is noisy due to I-80 is 1/4 mile away…u can see headlights at nite on your tent walls. Plenty fresh water outlets. Electrical was the large round 30/50 amp? I wasn’t able to hook in due to no adapter. Got around 2 hours of sleep. Bring ear plugs.