The best TENT SITES camping near
Hildreth , NEBRASKA

Most Recent Hildreth Camping Reviews
Nice state park just off the highway

Just a quick one night while passing through.  Easy access, paved and good cell coverage.  We only had power but we didn't need more than that.  Any size rig can find a spot there.  Would stay again.

Beautiful campground

Sites were very large with nice mature trees. We were the only people there other than the lady in charge so it was do peaceful and quiet. The dogs loved laying in the grass and frankly so did we.

Awesome campground

We had a great night here. I stayed while traveling for work.

Great Location to Relax!

Always a great place for a weekend get away!  Kids love to explore on their bikes.  Nice trail to the Platte River.  Just a nice escape location!

Great Spot to Stopover

Great little campground to stop overnight at or for a quick weekend getaway.  Well maintained. Odd "pull-through" options.

Tolerable in August, but only because we could swim a little

A short drive from the Interstate. Lots of sites to choose from on a weekday in August. The sites are spread among the sand channel ponds. Incredibly, we were not bothered by mosquitos. Sites had picnic tables and fire rings. Fire wood piles were all around to help yourself from. There is a small “beach” area designate for swimming in one of the ponds. It is small. Because we were there during the COVID restrictions, we waiting until almost everyone left before we felt we would have enough space to swim without being within 6 feet of others. The water was nice and cooled us down nicely.

The newly build vault toilet was OK. Our son reported the men’s side was terrible. The women’s side was just fine. We needed a spot to stay close to the Interstate for a cross-country trip and this was open and available. I would not return. But I do remember the fireflies fondly. There were tons.

pretty views, nice owners

snagged a lake front spot on a Wednesday night, drove right in. when we went to check out the next morning the lady said we didn’t have to worry about paying. bathrooms are clean + have pretty hot water. I would camp here again

Is what it is

The more I travel I-80 the more I appreciate these little state parks off of it. Cheyenne is what it is. It's a primitive camping site off the interstate with a little pond. You can obviously fish off and/or put a nonpowered boat in it. You obviously can hear the interstate traffic. The thing with this, with camping getting more popular these place may have more of chance of a opening consistently. We passed through this place on Labor Day weekend, and there was only one camper there.

Quiet and serene

My husband and I were able to get a primitive site right next to one of the lakes. Our site was secluded from the other campers but it was a bit of a walk to the vault toilets. We even saw some deer in the field next to the campground. Great for an overnight stop!

Mormon island review

I’ll start off by saying it’s pretty decent fishing. Some sides of the lake have a lot of moss but I caught a few decent sized in just a few hours. Besides that very crowded and would not consider camping at this location.