Dalton , NEBRASKA

Most Recent Dalton Camping Reviews
Clean but confusing

Stayed one night using one of the six tent camping sites. You either have to self register at the main office (unmanned) or go to Cabalas store and pay. A nice lady and daughter was waiting on a bus at the campsite building explained the procedure and most importantly gave me the 3 number pass to get into the bathroom (priceless)!

Bathrooms were clean. Camp is noisy due to I-80 is 1/4 mile away…u can see headlights at nite on your tent walls. Plenty fresh water outlets. Electrical was the large round 30/50 amp? I wasn’t able to hook in due to no adapter. Got around 2 hours of sleep. Bring ear plugs.

Nice and clean

Campground was very clean. Our toddler loved exploring Cabelas and playing at the playground.

New Campground at Sidney Ne

Tired of driving-take a break here. We stumbled across this campground when returning from Colorado and needing a place to stay over. It is self register at night and the sites are level, on gravel, and clean. There is a picnic table and a fire grill at each site. There are about 30 Rv sites and some tent sites. It will be a few years until the trees grow large enough to give shade.

Ranger Review Wildcat Hills SRA campground and INNO INH 330 Aero Light

Ranger review of Wildcat Hills SRA. If you love to hike and want to truly feel like you are away from it all check out Wildcat Hills. This beautiful recreation area just South of Gering Nebraska is just minutes away from geological wonders such as Chimney Rock, Jailhouse Rock and Scott’s Bluff National Memorial Park. Wildcat offers Archery, gun range, biking, hiking, picnicking, a playground, nature center and hunting. I’d add that if you are a bird watcher you need to get to Wildcat hills. There are also big horn sheep, wildcats, rattle snakes, elk, and deer in the area although we didn’t see any in our two days and nights at the park. There is a huge nature center that will provide a great place to cool off, stay dry or just for learning for the sake of learning. 4 main trail heads interconnect through rough, minimally maintained hiking trails that climb up to 5,000 feet. Backpack a lunch to the bottom of the canyon and try to find the Game of Thrones shelter (my pet name for it). I’ve given this park 4 stars because we were fortunate enough to camp at the group site that an area boy-scout troop updated. There are two other camp sites along the dirt road leading to the group site. Those 12 total sites are very close together and I wouldn’t recommend anything more than a pop up camper in those spots which are right on the road. If you have to camp in one of those 12 sites I’d rate the camping at 2 or 3 stars. this park hits it out of the ball park with the hiking and nature center.

Ranger review INNO INH 330 Aero Light Bike Rack

I had the opportunity to review the INNO INH 330 Aerolight QM bike rack. I have put hundreds of miles on this 2 bike rack from state parks to urban use. INNO has created a rack that is worthy of consideration among high end bike racks. The INNO arrived in a large clean and well packaged box and was nearly fully assembled. There are a number of pros and cons to be considered with this rack as with any product. I’ve listed those below.

Pros: Well made light metal and plastic construction that I believe will hold up for a very long time. Innovative locking cable for piece of mind. Fits both 1.5” and 2” receiver. Quiet ride. Exceptionally study bike securement if you don’t have attachment and you have a triangular bike frame. Protects your bike from banging into other bike like on hanging style racks.

Cons: awkward fit on height bar strap if you have a water bottle or bike tire pump attachment. If you are mounting different bikes often there a few adjustment steps that will take some time before you can secure your bike. The pins that secure the arms in the lower and upper positions can stick and require some force to pull out and place. I think some WD40 would probably resolve that issue. Bikes without the traditional triangle frame do not strap well to the veritable bar.

In the end, I’d give this rack 3.5 stars I would give it 4 if it fit my son’s non-triangle frame bike. I recommend that you consider the INNO and determine if it will fit your bikes and your needs. This rack has become my go to if I only need to take my bike or one other. Find your local retailer and try it out with your bikes.

Sorry about the oddly formatted photos. They flipped during upload.

Wildcat Hills Canping

There are only about 4 campsites in Wildcat Hills but there are various campsites around the area. The campsite is right off a well traveled road in the park. They are also at the trailhead of a very nice trail that splits into various trails along the way. The campsites are very close together but camping there is not very popular.