The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Campbell , NEBRASKA

Camping Nebraska Campbell Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Campbell Camping Reviews
Nice state park just off the highway

Just a quick one night while passing through.  Easy access, paved and good cell coverage.  We only had power but we didn't need more than that.  Any size rig can find a spot there.  Would stay again.

Clean and Peaceful

I was surprised how quite the sites were with it being so close to I80. The shower and bath houses are very clean. There is lots to keep kids busy … our 3 year old spent most of the evening catching toads.

Great Location to Relax!

Always a great place for a weekend get away!  Kids love to explore on their bikes.  Nice trail to the Platte River.  Just a nice escape location!

Great Spot to Stopover

Great little campground to stop overnight at or for a quick weekend getaway.  Well maintained. Odd "pull-through" options.

Tolerable in August, but only because we could swim a little

A short drive from the Interstate. Lots of sites to choose from on a weekday in August. The sites are spread among the sand channel ponds. Incredibly, we were not bothered by mosquitos. Sites had picnic tables and fire rings. Fire wood piles were all around to help yourself from. There is a small “beach” area designate for swimming in one of the ponds. It is small. Because we were there during the COVID restrictions, we waiting until almost everyone left before we felt we would have enough space to swim without being within 6 feet of others. The water was nice and cooled us down nicely.

The newly build vault toilet was OK. Our son reported the men’s side was terrible. The women’s side was just fine. We needed a spot to stay close to the Interstate for a cross-country trip and this was open and available. I would not return. But I do remember the fireflies fondly. There were tons.

pretty views, nice owners

snagged a lake front spot on a Wednesday night, drove right in. when we went to check out the next morning the lady said we didn’t have to worry about paying. bathrooms are clean + have pretty hot water. I would camp here again

Nice quiet, little city park

Looks to be about 5 campsites here with full hookups. $10 to camp, pay at city hall about 1/2 mile away. Shaded area with a short trail along the creek. Saw a dump station that we'll use in the morning.

Quiet and serene

My husband and I were able to get a primitive site right next to one of the lakes. Our site was secluded from the other campers but it was a bit of a walk to the vault toilets. We even saw some deer in the field next to the campground. Great for an overnight stop!

Clean & worth the stop

The TENT sites are closed for COVID-19 social distancing, but the RV sites are OPEN. The concrete pads are well maintained, spaced accordingly, and easy to pull into for a variety of RV hook-ups.

The restroom by the main entrance was the ONLY open bathroom. It is wheelchair accessible & clean!

There are pump well water stations in the park. Many places to picnic and enjoy the fall weather.

Mormon island review

I’ll start off by saying it’s pretty decent fishing. Some sides of the lake have a lot of moss but I caught a few decent sized in just a few hours. Besides that very crowded and would not consider camping at this location.