The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Staley Place , MONTANA

Camping Montana Staley Place Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Staley Place Camping Reviews
Montana FAS by Yellowstone River

This is a free Montana Fishing Access Site next to the Yellowstone River north of Big Timber. There was one clean single vault toilet for about 5 sites. No water or garbage available but each site has a picnic table and fire ring. There is a boat launch for fishing. It snowed when we were there in very late September 2019. We were the only ones there the two days we waited out the snow. This is a campground where there are few public campgrounds.

I added another star as this is a quiet campground in an area with few public ones available. And, it was free.

A delightful refuge.

A very nice small town town campground east of Montana’s front range. Several level pull-through RV sites with electricity. Dumpster and water hydrant near by in the campground. Large new community playground adjacent to the RV sites. Sparsely used in October/November. 14 day limit. We look forward to staying here again.

Nice, expensive.... not all sites are created equal.

We rolled in late and were extremely disappointed with our site in the B row. Our picnic table was less than 5 feet from our neighbor's camper and we couldn't have a fire for fear of burning their car. We canceled our 2nd night as soon as the office opened the next morning…..as we walked around, we realized there are good sites- we just didn't have one. We were able to rebook in C row, where we had a lot more room(more expensive). Unfortunately, we realized the sprinkler systems will soak your stuff if you leave it out😡, but it was a good site.

This place isn't cheap, but it does include entrance to the springs, which are pretty nice. Be careful which row you book in and you should be ok. In the end, the cabins look like they are the best deal.

Sunsets for the books

Absolutely gorgeous spot. Lots of privacy, picnic tables and firepits. Our neighbor went out on the water with his boat every day to fish from sun up to sun down. Noise is super minimal and only about ~4 spots were taken while we were there on a weekend.

Great spot

Found this last minute. Wide open space and also spots right next to the Yellowstone River. You can park anywhere where. We parked in the open field with lots of privacy. Has vault toilet. There are some siyrs with stone made camp rings.

Nice spot!

Nice campground! Not much road noise at all, well kept grassy areas for tents, fire pits and picnic tables. The showers and bathrooms are generally well kept. Wish the WiFi worked better, but it’s camping. The passes to the hot springs were a fun perk too. Nice that it has a decent size dog run area. Would recommend!

Wouldn’t reccomend in September

I really hated my time here. I gave 2 stars because the people are nice and the site and facilities are generally well kept. Maybe my problems were largely seasonal, I stayed in mid September. First of all the tent sites are very close to a highway which is busy with big rigs and traffic all night, there is also a train that goes off as it nears. While I was here next door was also construction that had vehicles beeping early in the morning. Sleeping here was rough, I woke up from noise at all hours. The other main issue for me was the bugs. They were on EVERYTHING (pictured), again, maybe a seasonal issue. The tent sites are also under these trees that drop sticky leaves all over the site and leave a sticky residue all over your car and tent. RV camping here is probably much better because it's quieter and not so close to the road. I would recommend, at least in this season, spending a little more and going to the hot springs campground.

Convenient Free Camping

This dispersed campground is perfect for any configuration. It’s important to note that there are only 2 vault toilets and no water available. There are spaces that gather crowds, but depending on your setup you can stay secluded.

Covid-Unsafe

As campgrounds go, this one was fine but nothing special. The appeal for us was the adjacent Hot Springs facility, access to which is included in the campground fee. We went on a Saturday night and were floored by the lack of control by management and lack of Covid-19 concern by guests. There was a huge sea of humans packed into the several pools. Masks may have not been practical, but there was zero social distancing. The management required masks in the lobby but were clearly just going through the motions. I left immediately and emailed the owners about my concerns. They chose not to respond. Avoid this park if you’re concerned about public health.

Great smaller campground

Very clean and quiet. Great access to the river. Great river access 1/4 mile up the road also. They sell firewood and ice are the ranger station.