Kevin , MONTANA

Most Recent Kevin Camping Reviews
Good for a quick stop

Pros: large-ish sites, good utilities, great laundry and bathhouse. They take Passport America which knocks the fee down 50%. Cons: They have all of these huge pull thru sites but they still stuck us in one of the few cramped backup sites even though they are 80% empty and we're only here one night (no different pricing for different sites). I probably could have asked for a different site but I didn't know it'd be so short until got there. I got parked so it works for one night. It's kind of sad as this could be a really nice little campground but appears they've given up on it as the grounds are being over taken by thistle type plants and many of the trees they've planted appear to be dying. Bottom line, campground is good for an overnight stop which I'm sure much of their business is, but would be nice if they threw some weed-n-feed down to get the thistle growth under control.

Pleasant surprise at the end of gravel road

We were looking for somewhere to camp near the Tiber Reservoir/Lake Elwell. Stumbled upon this beauty. Run by a lovely couple, this spot is quiet, beautiful and clean. Lots of space between sites. Cleanest pit toilets ever, and power hookups all for $20 a night! The hosts were super friendly and informative. No light pollution also made for an incredible evening of star gazing. We’ll be back!!

Great Place To Stay

This is a nice campground just off the interstate. Not to far from Glacier Park and the Canadian boarder.

Close to town

Best of both worlds. Close to town but also get the camping experience. Great fishing and plenty of room for everyone. Great hosts

Basic campground but lots of space.

Tiber Damn has some of the best sunsets I have ever seen. The campground is well kept but basic. Camping near the water is permitted in some area but you have to arrive early as those spots are usually taken. Water is good for fishing and boating. Highly recommended.

A decent place to stop over on your trip to or return from Canada

My wife and I stopped at Lake Shel-Oole Campground on our trip to Canada this summer (July 3rd). The campground is a bit dilapidated, but had several spots available that were easy to pull into. Some sites were pull through and others were back in. Most sites have at least electric and some are water/electric. Some sites are also 50amp. There is also a dump on site.

All sites are $25/night. Payment is on an honor system and drop cash into an envelope in a box near the entrance. The park says that it is under surveillance, but we did not see cameras. We saw one Toole County Sheriff's Deputy drive through the park while we were there.

I think we counted a total of five other rigs staying the night with us. If you have kids there's a playground nearby and a baseball field. There are also several walking trails.

We would definitely stay here again if we take the same route to Canada. Very convenient and quiet!

Check out our review of this campground on our blog: https://lower48intow.com/lake-shel-oole-park-campground-an-overnight-stay-on-the-way-to-canada/

Knowledgeable owner saved my Bacon

The owners are wonderful people. He is a wealth of knowledge and willing to share.

Listen to him. He saved us from taking things to Canada that we shouldn't take but

were going to. The border patrol WILL search your motor home. They know all the

hiding places. We got searched for over an hour. Luckily, I listened and took his advice.

We will always stay at Lewis and Clark when in MT. We had a wonderful trip to Alaska

via Canada. It could have turned out much different had we not stopped in Shelby at

Lewis and Clark RV Park before crossing the border, and listened to this wonderful mans advice.

He saved me from fines and maybe jail. I am forever grateful.

Lake access

Excellent camp host, right on the lake, nice little campground.

Boondocks

Decent campground, we only go here to fish. Plenty of spots, very reasonable priced. No hookups, right on the Maria’s river. We have never seen the camp host.

Decent little campground

The major down fall is no campfires. The camp host are excellent during the summer, the views are beautiful on the backside of the campground. Across the street is 2 city parks and city pool. This place is open year around.