Broadus, MONTANA

Most Recent Broadus Camping Reviews
Beautiful and secluded

Camped here last year beginning of june. A group of about 20 of us. We all tent camped but there were two huge RVs that came in the second night we were there and still plenty of ground to be separated. Roughly I'd say theres 10 to 20 camping spots? Closer to 10, with fire rings, and one bathroom, a outhouse more less… has cement tables, and a spout with spring water coming out. Not sure if it's safe to drink, bring your own water just incase :) the campground is set up on on the east side of moorhead road. Across the bridge of the river. But beware for future campers coming from the north to Camp here, they closed the bridge on moorhead rd. The bridge isnt safe enough to cross with a vehicle. Can still walk across. So to get here you have to go down on the west side of the river on powder river rd :) ask anyone in broadus,mt. If unsure how to safely get there. The campground is quiet and secluded. With cliffs on the south and east side. Beautiful scenery in the early summer:)

Remote, quiet but for cows.

I've been here twice over the last couple decades. Both times this camp was deserted with little to no traffic. Only facility is an outside down the road. I've of my favorites!

Great!

It’s a really convenient little spot to stop and sleep in the pines along a trip but expect noise from the highway.

Hammock

Stayed here overnight in both July and November. Sites are on a first come first serve basis but I was able to find a site both times. Plenty of trees for hammocks and a good pad for tents. Huge picnic table at each site.

Easy National Forest camping near Ashland, Montana

Free National Forest campground in Custer National Forest. Sites include large picnic table and fire ring. Pit toilets available for use. The campground is right off of 212 about 6 miles east of the town of Ashland. We were just passing through for the night and this offered a quick, convenient place to crash. There is a fair amount of road noise due to the close proximity of the road. Campground is popular on the weekends but we had no problem finding a site.

steep terrain makes it secluded

the park is just north of the town in a small forested area. water and a pIt toIlet are available. camping spots are very few but well spaced and comfortable for tents.

A peaceful place we could stay a second night at. Oh wait, we did!

I was looking to split up the drive on my trip and found this perfect stopover with a classic Montana feel. It’s an unexpected find on a long straight road but I’m so glad that we stopped. A ranger happened to be cutting the grass when we arrived. She was very helpful - I was nervous about the rattlesnake warning. She said she hasn’t seen one this year but watch out for poison ivy (and it was hidden in the brush). She pointed us to a good site and went about her work.

14 campsites in 2 loops with 3 vault toilets. There is also a picnic area if you just want a lunch spot. The loops gave our dog the perfect amount of walking before wanting a water break just when we got back to the site. We didn’t find much else here other than peacefulness.

Each site has the biggest picnic table I’ve seen. They are 12 feet long! Pine trees provide some shade so pick the right place. Our site looks like we will get shade at the end on the night and early morning. It is free of nearby poison ivy so ‘thanks for watching out for our dog, ranger!’

Everything is so well maintained. The views are perfect. The breeze keeps us cool.

A stay here doesn’t even cost you - it’s free! I thought we would have the place to ourselves but a couple on holiday from England joined us for both nights. It’s that great of a find.

Nice out of the way place

Has a couple nice level spots. It's way off the beaten path. Tried fishing for trout that are supposedly stocked in the pond but no luck. More of a swimming hole. Could be a nice spot away from everyone and some trails to ride on.