The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Shell Knob , MISSOURI

Camping Missouri Shell Knob Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Shell Knob Camping Reviews
Awesome Park

This is a hidden gem in Branson Missouri, extremely close to the main strip and Table Rock Lake. Beautiful little park, but little! Some spots are pretty tight, and there isn't a ton of extra space around your site, but the charm of this park makes up for a lot of that!

We stayed over the Labor day weekend and really enjoyed ourselves, the camp hosts/owners are great, extremely helpful! I would certainly stay again next time we are in the area.

BOC RV Park the views go on for miles

This is a wonderful RV park.  Easy to find, park and setup.  Very large concrete pads to set up RV.  Very clean bathhouse/restroom.  We did not utilize their amenities because we were only there one night.  It is great place if you have time to hike the trails sadly we did not for this trip.  Ponca and the surrounding have many beautiful nature trails.  Of course the wild Elk are a magnificent set to behold.  We have a small motor home and there were areas along the road with plenty of room for us to pull-over and watch the Elk Bull and cows as they came off the mountain.  If you park on the side of the road, which is a normal thing to do, please make sure to pull off the road away from the white line because you will get a ticket. There are a lot of people traveling on a small rural road so it’s important to be far enough off the road for everyone to stay safe.  We make this trip every year and are so happy to have found the BOC RV park the manager and the store in town were great!

Ozark Gem

I’ll start my review by saying I’ve never pitched my tent in this park but have visited many times. They added tent sites in 2019- they appear to be primitive and include a fire ring. The nice thing is the tent sites are far from the RV sites so no unwanted noises for tenters in the night.

Trails abound in and around blowing springs which connect into the back 40 trail system…you can hike the B40 but remember this is a shared trail and you will come across many mountain bikers enjoying the trails system. There is also a arbortrarium in the park towards the back, a couple caves, and a creek.

If you are in need of snacks etc it’s a quick 2 minute drive to the grocery store / sonic/ Pizza Hut.

Great for Trout Fishing

Not my favorite of all parks but also not one to miss. Roaring river state park has a working trout fish hatchery. You can walk the holding tanks and feed the trout from baby to ready to be released into the river. There is also a cave you can walk in where you’ll find a pool of water that goes for miles underground. Roaring river has three different campgrounds. I prefer ground one and two…however the downside is the spots are not very spacious / far apart from those camping next to you. There are also several hiking trails through out the park, a visitors center, bath houses, a pool, and swimming holes (the water is very cold—great in the hot summer)

They are currently redoing the park in a multi million dollar project. The plan was to be completed already however due to COVID19 there have been some delays. I am excited to see the improvements once complete.

Great campground!

We stayed 5 nights the owners were extremely nice and helpful everything was very clean we had a very enjoyable stay and loved the area!

Good Hiking

It’s quite the trip down the dirt road to get here. Probably will take you 20/30 minutes of gravel road. Don’t recommend bringing any type of trailer down here. The sites are nice— variety of options depending on the type of site you want. They also have hike in sites. Also the sites are FREE. No electricity/ water / hookups. Depending on when you go there could be a lot of campers. Hiking here is beautiful. Watch for Elk, you’ll probably see an armadillo or two as well. You can hike from camp to an old homestead then to the river and back. It’s probably a couple of miles but a relatively flat hike. You’ll want to grab fire wood on your way out to camp and there is no cell service.

Nice creek and fall colors!

My first experience in an RV park and it wasn’t a bad one. Pulled into a tent site with my teardrop and stayed for a night. The RV side is exactly how I envisioned and packed pretty tight. Tent spots were fairly well spread out and in the back of the park. Only downfall, which wouldn’t matter in the summer months but the shower was outside and it was a little chilly. Overall my experience was pleasant and if I’m ever in the area, I will not hesitate to stop by again.

Easy Camprground near water

Very casual campground near the lake. Very basic campsites with table, fire pit, gravel tent site,lantern stand. Fairly clean site but sites are pretty close to one another. Bathrooms were open but not clean and no soap to wash hands. There was a fair bit of road noise during the night that kept us awake.

Great Location!

This is a great little gem! Definitely not rugged outdoor camping. It is in town but so convenient to an amazing place to shop, Branson Landing. We pushed our son in his wheelchair and walked around the area. The trolly is also available if you don’t want walk.

There is no playground for kids but a play area in Branson Landing and a candy shop. We plan to go back when heading to Branson.

Definitely wheelchair friendly and frilly is wheelchair accessible.

Pretty nice but limited

Typical COE camp ground.. lacking full hookups and water at each site. The lower sites are waterfront but lack water and septic at the sites. There are a very limited number of larger RV sites .. the upper area sites are all smaller and again no water at the sites and no septic. There are restrooms near the sites but the shower house is all the way back at the entrance. There are 2 boat ramps and a swimming area. Th evilest are pretty special. The marina is ok but the management is meh. No rentals and the ship store is very limited. The best yet choice is the Hide A Way camp ground store or a store on highway 12.