The best WALK IN camping near
Mayersville , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Mayersville Camping Reviews
Excellent

Spotless. Wi-Fi was decent and ATT two bars. I had water/electric site that backed up to the woods and trail. Felt private and spacious. The lake is beautiful. Small town of Delhi is nearby and has gas/grocery store. Don’t forget to visit PP World Heritage site just a few miles up the road.

Nice quiet campground

Big paved spaces . Wi-Fi and att coverage works great . Casino bus not running in oct as of 26. It’s a good 1/2 to 1 mile hard walk to casino. Heritage restaurant open . $14.95 for a cafeteria type meal . They have someone serving behind the buffet which was about 1/4 of the normal food. Entrance could be easily missed. It sits off main road.

Good Stopover!

Pretty campground with small pool. If you want a spot after office closes make sure you make a reservation and they will leave everything in their drop box for you. Has laundry, propane services and lots of mature trees for shade. Have garbage pickup services too. Friendly staff and takes Escapees discount which is 15% which is better than Good Sam. Historical attractions nearby as is a casino. Would definitely come back again.

nice

great little park really beautiful, tight spots but nice stay will go back ,and the pool is a plus

Ok for last minute

It was a last minute booking, for a holiday weekend, after a major hurricane. Campground was nice, nice & clean bathhouses, nice pool[closed due to pandemic]. Cabins looked nice, too. Just have to be careful what sight you book, because I almost never got my camper level in sight #21. All in all, I would make a return trip

Pros: Large clean bathhouse, large level campsites, on site laundry facilities, walking trails and a lake. Very cool cabins on the water and visitors center.

Cons:Water playground broken on hot August days. Very little shade in the campground.

More a long term facility

I am not sure if this is truly a campground. It’s very convenient to the Vicksburg National Military Park and I20. However the place seems to be geared to long-term permanent residents.

Nice place to visit

Campground has large, level sites. Some are pull through and some you back in. Some have just electric and water hookups and some also have sewage. If you select a non sewage system like I did there is a dump station available in the campground. There’s a water playground which would have been amazing since it is so hot but it’s broken. I stayed here in site #49. I would definitely return. Easy walk to the lake especially from this campsite.

Not many trees

Nice state park. Almost all the sites are very level. Water and electric hookups. Nice walking trails. Bathhouse and laundry facilities. Cabins on the water are really cool! They’re on stilts on the lake, not lakeside on the lake itself! Also they have lodged available. I am probably going back to this place soon. You can hear a train in the distance but it’s not super loud. The park beach, picnic area, marina and camp store are not in the campground but about two miles down the highway. Also in the area but not in the campground area itself are a wildlife park and a golf course.

The views are beautiful

The lady at the gate was mildly rude. Or maybe the previous place was just that friendly. She seemed as though I was a bother to her, getting checked in. She may have been tired or had other things on her mind though. At the spot, I understand we are in nature, but I was very shocked at all of the poison oak at the sites. Otherwise, it is very quiet with friendly neighbors. I didn’t use the showers, but the bathhouse was clean and pretty. The spots were easy to back in to. I would return. I’d really like to walk around the town and get pictures of all the beautiful churches!