The best GROUP camping near
Mantee , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Mantee Camping Reviews
Nice quit camping

Good place to get away for a weekend

Great place to relax

This was a great spot to stop and relax we stayed 3 nights and was very peaceful. The bath house was close because of covid but the rest was good would definetely come back and recommend if traveling the Natchez Trace parkway. We were in a 41’ motorhome and had plenty of room.

Older park

Tombigbee SP

Elvis was born in Tupelo, Mississippi and Tombigbee SP is a good spot to base your exploration out of.

I overnighted here enroute to Alabama. It wasn’t the best maintained or newest park , however it was small and quiet. Something that had me confused my first time around the loop was the orange cones blocking the sites. Then I guessed that meant the site was reserved. The shower house had washers and dryers in the middle area. The building was clean and maintained. It was centrally located. Across the street was a nice big field, playground and baseball diamond. The trails and disc golf was in the same area. There’s also a small lake with a dock. Otherwise Tombigbee SP really wasn’t that memorable.

This is a duplicate listing with the wrong location.

Following Google Maps to this location will take you to a dead end on private property with little room to turn around.

Decent place to stay

This KOA is a decent place. We arrived after the office was closed. We had called ahead and they had a site saved for us. The only issue was, we could not find the site. It was a tent site and we could not find the assigned one. Being the off season and not crowded we just grabbed an empty site. The map they left only had the tent area not individual tent sites marked.

Bathrooms and showers were exceptionally clean. Grounds were clean. Very quiet place. I would stay here again. I looked like all the camper sites were clean and level.

Only reason for the 4 stars and not 5 is due to the site we were assigned to not being marked. Other than that it would be a 5.

Part 2: We had a mechanical issue with one of our motorcycles and the staff at the KOA went out of there way to assist us. They gave us a break on the 2nd night stay due to our situation. Changing this to a 5!!

Love it

As luck would have it, we spotted this place on our Natchez Trace Parkway map and decided we had enough driving for the day. Beautiful setting among the trees and right next to the lake. Level, fire pits, charcoal grills, picnic tables, water and electric all for 20.00 a night and we didn’t qualify for any discount. Already decided we’re staying another night!

Good close hike on Natchez Trace

Easy trails thru pretty words passing a natural spring. Nice picnic pavilion on top of trail. RV parking allowed but no hookups.

Quiet

Due to the "pandemic" the park was a little short staffed but the gentleman there was very helpful once he got to the office. I was only there for the one night but it was beautifully quiet and fairly well kept. I'd stay there again for sure.

Quiet

Remote & Serene

This state park is definitely “off the beaten path” — but if you’re looking for a quiet location, with few spaces for additional RV’s; this may be for you. (In total, there may be 18.. but they were not all occupied during our visit.) RV spacing is not bad.. most with full hookups.

The green space; natural habitat and night sounds get high marks from us.

Apple “Maps” took us on an interesting way to get to the park from the interstate.. we were concerned about low hanging tree limbs with our rig; but everything turned out ok.

If you like to jog; this is a great space for it. And, if you like disc golf, there’s an entire course.

We will be back.