The best GROUP camping near
Friars Point , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Friars Point Camping Reviews
Nice and quiet

New to fulltime rv life we chose to spend a week at this quiet off the beaten path campground on our way west . This place offers nice concrete pads with full hookups that are relatively level. Water level in Enid Lake was very low so the swimming beach was closed. That was kind of a bummer because Temps were in the 80's. Our Verizon signal was strong enough to browse and stream with no issues but the over the air TV channels were non existent. The nearest town of any size is Batesville about 30 miles north if you need a Walmart. The price is right at 20 bucks a night and we don't regret stopping over here one bit.

Great for families

Loved camping so close to the water! Clean, nice facilities. Not the best swimming hole, but great for boats and paddling!

great place

quiet shady and a really great park big sights and well maintained we stay here alot

Dub Patgton Recreation Area COE

October 16-17, 2019. Site 14 had electric and water. Campground had dump station, showers and flush toilets. Rate was $10 with Sr Lifetime Pass. Verizon 1 bar, boosted got 2 bars. See RV Camping Journal for details.

Nice spot

I booked number 9. It was right on the lake, but shade was limited. The place is fairly clean, and there are clean bathrooms and showers. Over all it’s all right. Nothing too fascinating.

Pleasant place to Relax

May be I might have done camping very few time but, out of all this the best Camping site ever. Very pleasant environment, easy access to water body, clean restrooms and showers, electricity and water tap for every site.

Hidden gem, perfect for a few nights.

A big, undeveloped lake in Northern Mississippi? Yep, indeedy!!!

We stayed here for two nights to break up the long drive between Nashville and Petit Jean in Arkansas. Since we're brilliant planners and choose to travel through the southeast in August when it's 95 degrees every day, we always look for places on the water.

Don't let the less-than-poetic name deter you the South Abutment Recreation Area is beautiful. Sites are large (thank you Army Corps of Engineers) and clean (thank you other campers) and many are right on the water.

We stayed at site 19, which was great.

If you want something right on the water, I'd recommend site 25.

Bottom line: If you're looking for somewhere on the water and quiet to stay for a few days, check this one out.

To break up potentially long stretches of driving betwe

Nice and Quiet

Aside from mediocre fire rings and an absorbent amount of weird centipede bugs, the site is well maintained and a great stay. Only a short walk from the beach and the bugs aren’t too bad. The campground is also very quiet which is ideal.

Excellent, large campground on beautiful lake

My girlfriend and I tent camped here for one night. The campground is large and well-kept, with over 100 sites, and the sites are very spacious. Each has a table, water and electric hookups, a hook, and a tent pad. From what I saw, we were the only tent campers in the campground. We camped in site 64, which is near the lake and the bathrooms. The tent pad was covered in pine needles, making it nice and soft. The only complaint I have is that there is a very bright street light that stays on all night near the boat ramp, but I would highly recommend this campground. Enid Lake and its facilities appear to be top-notch.