The best TENT SITES camping near
Clarksdale , MISSISSIPPI

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Clarksdale Camping Reviews
Stayed the night

I stayed the night in November.  It appears to be an old reservoir that has been drained.  The site has about 5 campsites with picnic tables and fire rings.  Nothing spectacular.  The locals do come through to party on the old reservoir.

The reservoir was empty at this location.  It seems its part of Lake Enid and there is an old boat ramp, but there was no water in the reservoir.

Well... you could camp here

This is a small campground, consisting of five tent sites. The websites states you can bring a small camper here, but in wouldn’t try it. The bathrooms are run down and have a port a potty feel. The roads in are horrible. There are people riding off road vehicles in the lake bottoms quite often.

Now, that having been said… the view is great. You can see out across the lake. There is plenty of space to hike and explore. It is a free campground, so really, one can’t complain.

Ok if you just need a place to stay

This is not really a campground. It is more of a parking lot with hookups. There are some rigs here who have obviously been here a LONG time. Definitely not a scenic place. Sites are level and they have hookups.

Don’t Park at Dark Here

We stayed as an overnight stop. The campground is a no frills campground and nothing special. However, we would not recommend parking after dark. The turns are a little sharper than we would like and the roads are poorly marked in the dark. The owners are friendly and helpful. The sites have some gravel but not enough in my opinion to say they are gravel sites. The one we stayed in was fairly level. It is right off the highway, so you do get highway noise which is normally not a big deal for one night for us.

Really cool spot!

This place is a gem if you’re a tent camper. We have camped here once, but most of the time it is closed. I am not sure why. Nice little spot with about 8 tent sites. No hookups of any kind for campers. Bathrooms are currently closed, but we’re nice when we stayed there, but old. Drinking water is available. A short walk to Sardis Lower Lake. There can be a bit of traffic noise as it is nestled between two roads.

Odd spot with a view

This is a nice little spot because of the view. No hook ups of any kind, this is a tent only kind of place. That being said, there was a really sketchy looking van parked with a tent hanging out. They looked to have been there a long while. Bathrooms are closed, and have been for some time. For $8 you could do worse.

Great COE campground!

This is a great little COE campground on Sardis lower lake. It is clean and well maintained. Bathrooms/showers are clean and work well. They have a courtesy dock for boats and a fishing pier with benches. A nice little playground in the center of the park. It can get a little crowded at times, but that’s a good sign!

Not the Safest

Pretty bare bones, dirt sites were easy to maneuver in and out of, but I had to disconnect for my overnight here and I did not feel very safe. The only neighbor I met was selling 5 week old pit bulls, which was very concerning if you are a dog lover or advocate. The next morning, I had a 10” rod deep in the side of my wheel - coincidence? I was ready to get out of there!

Peaceful

This campground is beautiful.  Right below the dam.  Great for kayaking.  Seems to be set up for older campers.  They wouldn't let my  10 year old son ride his scooter on the road because it was battery operated.

Nice and quiet

New to fulltime rv life we chose to spend a week at this quiet off the beaten path campground on our way west . This place offers nice concrete pads with full hookups that are relatively level. Water level in Enid Lake was very low so the swimming beach was closed. That was kind of a bummer because Temps were in the 80's. Our Verizon signal was strong enough to browse and stream with no issues but the over the air TV channels were non existent. The nearest town of any size is Batesville about 30 miles north if you need a Walmart. The price is right at 20 bucks a night and we don't regret stopping over here one bit.