Centreville , MARYLAND

Camping Maryland Centreville

Most Recent Centreville Camping Reviews
Campground review

Great campground

Relaxing spot with convenient ammenities

It was both mine and my fiancé’s first time camping in a decade. Needless to say, we were a bit nervous about our experience. Every part either met or exceeded our expectations. We stayed at camp site ten, which was open yet felt like our own private spot. The were right by the water and the little waves lulled us to sleep each night. We were close to the building that has a kitchen, coffee and bathroom with a shower, which was super convenient. It’s a dog friendly spot and our dogs thrived while making new friends! James was kind, communicative and super helpful when it came to any questions we had.

5-star campground/trails, serious bug infestation

My family lives near Greenbelt National Park and we have hiked the five-mile perimeter trail dozens of times with our dogs. However, this park has a serious bug problem. Most  of the time, we return home from our hikes only to find ticks on at least one of us!

We were excited to finally tent camp at Greenbelt two years ago for my wife's 30th and had a memorable time around the campfire, but were disappointed the next day that chiggers and ticks had once again swarmed us on our hike. Enjoy the camping but wear bug repellent and stay out of the tall grasses!

Solid family and friends campsites

The individual campsites are decent for a light camping experience. The hiking trails are great. The rivers for kayaking a real nice. Would recommend. Only warning is unless you rent 2-3 campsites you will be close to other campers as the campsites are in groups of three right next to eachother.

A Delaware must-see

I am a Delawarean at heart, and number one on my list of favorite Delaware parks is Trap Pond. The tent and RV sites are clean, but not so much that it feels unnatural. The cypress trees are truly a sight to behold, and the pond itself is breathtaking to paddle through. The staff are incredibly kind, lighthearted, and cheery. Make no mistake—you absolutely should come visit this amazing state park!

So much to do at this park

We were only able to stay one night here, but I guarantee we’ll be back to enjoy all this place has to offer. There are multiple trails (red is the longest), a disc golf course, and of course, the pond for water activities. Our campsite was quite spacious even with two cars in the lot.

Somewhat quiet, clean and friendly

Staff is very friendly. Bathhouse is clean but ran out of toilet paper often; they supposedly clean 3 times a day since COVID but we didn’t see that happening on a regular schedule while we were there.

We loved that our site had a path directly to the bathhouse. This meant there wasn’t any foot traffic from people wanting to shower or use the restrooms. Easy access to the utility sink for dishes, too!

There seemed to be a lot of campers in the surrounding lots and still, everyone was quiet between the quiet hours.

Our specific site was supposed to have a tent pad but there wasnt a spot cleared for our tent and we had to move the heavy picnic table so we weren’t putting up our tent on top of the fire ring. We also had to use a paper plate to rake as many rocks and gravel from the site so we could put up our tent without ripping it.

We bought their firewood for $5/crate and it was really wet. It was challenging to get a fire going, which was frustrating. Ended up not being able to have a fire the last morning there and gave away our leftover firewood.

Probably my biggest complaint is that several times, the park maintenance truck drove down the loop where we camped. Our kids are running around and playing and the only vehicle that sped past every time was the park crew vehicle. All other vehicles (belonging to visitors) were respectful and drove slowly. It surprises me that with families camping here, they wouldn’t be more cautious.

All in all: for our first time camping here, it was a decent experience. I don’t know that we’d go there again, but it was a fun one-and-done trip.

Nice Small Campsite Close to DC

Nice small campsite in MD not too far from DC. One negative was that when it rains it really flushes through the grounds. We had a site on the lower end of the loop and our site was hard to set up as we arrived during a storm and it was very wet even after the rain died down. Another negative was after the storm for the next few days we heard trees falling nearby. Where we were hiking. 😬 The positives are as others have pointed out there is a huge park for kids- it’s not within walking distance for little kids but it’s a very short drive by the entrance to the park. There’s also another small park on the loop. The restrooms were central and well maintained. We found a small river and swimming hole at the bottom of the hill off to the side opposite the cabins/park. All sites had a picnic table and fire ring. Firewood available from camp host. Hiking poles would have been good for the trails when we had a kid in a pack on our back. Overall a nice close small campground.