Camping in Trinity

Just ok

Nothing special

Kim T.
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2021

Great get away....but beware of detour to entrance

My husband and I spent Easter weekend here from Thursday, April 2 to Tuesday, April 6th. It was a beautiful and quiet campground.

There are two camper camping areas - A and B - and a primitive area as wells as cabins. We were in B area which seems more kept than than the A area. In the B area,…

Jason R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2020

Relax and fish

Great Lake for kayaking. Nice big fishing pier. Great fishing for big bass and catfish along the levy.

HThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2020

Everything you need - affordable

We car camp and this was a great boondocking spot for us. Flush toilets, hot showers, and $1 (coin) laundry machines were clutch. Facilities were very clean. The water and electricity at the campsite were also helpful. Lots of RVs here, so this location is suitable for whatever kind of camping…

• Car camping in spot 36, see the lake in the back
Kera P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2020

Primitive site, no one around

We slept great here in our tent. Some things to consider: lots of trash left around the area, there was a fire still burning unattended when we arrived, car/truck/tractor/boat traffic is noisy at all hours of the day and night, no water for drinking unless you can dip and filter from the creek…

WThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2020

So peaceful

Don’t let the condition of the road or the buildings scare you away from this state park. These people have had to clean up after 2 hurricanes this year. All sites in campground B are level concrete, water and electric. State park grills, picnic tables and sunken fire pits all for just 20.00 per…

Kase D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 3, 2020

Best camp in Louisiana

One of the most beautiful camp sites in LA. The geography here is not like anywhere else I have seen in Louisiana very nice and the owner is super accommodating.

Cat R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2020

Visit 2

Well, we were here a few weeks ago and it seemed so much nicer! We are back because of a local softball tournament we were attending, and since it was nice th we first time.. This time we stayed in site 46. This is in Campground B. The pad is much shorter than expected. Our camper which is 27…

M
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2020

Peaceful

It's a peaceful place to camp. Just make sure you bring all your supplies you think you migt need because there isn't any store for miles.

Cat R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2020

QUIET AND PEACEFUL

Nice spacious sites, mostly level. Large beautiful shade trees. Lake sites available. Bathrooms are not available d/t covid restrictions. Fishing, boating, kayaking.. Firepits, tables, and BBQ grills available.

Nicolette F.
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2020

Great Site

My boyfriend and I camped here in October and had a blast. We enjoyed that it was walk in but still had running water and hook ups.

David D.
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2020

Great wma campsite

Nice nature feel to the campgroud..its primitive but does offer potable water for cleaning equipment and such..had a great time camping here

David D.
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2020

Couldn't believe I was in louisiana

Nice campsite..we had the area to ourselves..alot of hiking trails nearby for all different skill levels..the terrain is amazing couldn't believe I was actually in Louisiana

Christian J.
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2019

Perfect place for real tent camping

Stayed here awhile ago and it is still my favorite campsite in this area. Most campsites are secluded from others. I recommend this place to anyone.

J
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2019

Quiet and relaxing

We stayed in a cabin, they were decently equipped kitchen wise, but be sure to bring your own dish soap, paper towels, etc. The back porches are screened in, and as close to simplistic as you will get staying in a cabin. You can fish around the lake, but I feel it would be better to have a boat to…