Kinder, LOUISIANA

Most Recent Kinder Camping Reviews
Great place if you're a heavy sleeper

The campground is located on the intracoastal waterway, just under a bridge. The sign says $4 for tents but the caretaker said it's $6 (still a bargain). He let us pay $4. Several of the sites had sheltered tables which was perfect for us since rain was in the forecast. The only problem was we were right on the water and near the bridge and my husband didn't sleep well with the traffic and boat noise. (I had a great night's sleep.) If you are a light sleeper I'd suggest a campsite away from both the water and the bridge. The showers were hot.

Nice spots and river walk

$20 for site with hookups plus $3/person/night. The sites are level with adequate spacing. Showers are clean and hot but pressure is lacking. They are the push kind so you must continually press to keep the water running. The river walk from the campground is really nice. Office is helpful and kind.

Nice Park

This is my return visit to this park I truly love coming here.

Beautiful, Peaceful

This is where we go car camping in their primitive section. There are many, many car camping campsites on the lake/reservoir! There are a few pit toilets that are clean and there is a potable water spigot at each of the pit toilet locations. The campsites are basic tenting areas with no improvements such as fire rings, tables, trash barrels, tent platforms, etc. There is some privacy and separation between campsites! This is where we go when limited time is available. We bring everything we need with us. There is limited supplies in the village of woodworth, La.

We came, then left

The park is severely run down. Signs saying gang paraphernalia is prohibited. Water and electric hookup but no sewer. We opted to leave and find a different place to stay.

Full Service RV Resort near New Orleans

We chose this resort because we wanted a location we could easily Uber or shuttle to NOLA without having to worry about security/safety of ourselves and our RV.

This resort is located on the Mississippi River in a very industrial part of town. We were here in April and the was great. We came here specifically to do the town.

This resort did not have tent camping but had a lot of villas to rent in addition to the RV/trailer sites. The sites had 50AMP/water/sewer/cable and wifi. There was a small pool and restaurant/bar. There is also a really nice gift shop. You could also kayak or dock a boat at the marina here.

The road to the resort was pretty bad- it is possible it has been paved since we were there and I will update this review if it has. The Rv sites of the resort are fairly close together but the staff was wonderful and helpful. There are several categories of pricing at this park and it was a bit pricey.

The resort offered day shuttles to NOLA for $6 each way- $12 round trip. Uber cost us $20 one time and $40 another due to time of day.

We had a great time exploring and eating our way through New Orleans. We enjoyed the tasting menu at Commander’s Palace, chargrilled Oysters at Dragos, and a great lunch at Auction House Market (think food trucks in an indoor venue). Did I mention that we are foodies?

We hit all the “tourist” activities in our 2 day whirlwind trip to include Bourbon street, Canal street etc AND of course…. coffee and beignets at Cafe Du Monde.

What would we do differently -

1. spend more than 2 days here!!!
  2. Bring bikes or rent them so we could enjoy and do more of the parks …
  3. pick up a To Go lunch at Rouse’s market to eat in one of the parks, waterfront or NOLA’s Museum of Art sculpture garden
  4. do the hop on hop off bus / 3$ all day trolley car
  5. Do a steamboat tour of Mississippi River
Great spot

Clean well kept. Extremely friendly staff beautiful location

Not much too it, but good location for Cajun Mardi Gras

We decided last minute to check out Cajun Mardi Gras and L'acadie had a spot open so we took it.  Everyone there was perfectly nice and it was a great location to get downtown Eunice to watch the festivities.  However, there really isn't much to this park.  You are basically parking in a field behind the hotel office.  There is no bathroom/shower facility either - FYI!  However, we did love checking out Cajun Mardi Gras.  It was seriously unlike anything we had ever seen!!

Clean

The State Park was clean grass was cut , workers always walking around picking up trash.

Friendly and convenient

I pulled in late last night and there’s actually a property manager on site, so I was able to get a space. A very friendly man met me at the desk, got me checked in quickly and easily and I was settling into my camp space about 15 minutes later. Full hookups, WiFi, continental breakfast, pool and more. Plus conveniently located close to shopping and a Walmart.