Bayou Gauche, LOUISIANA

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Bayou Gauche Camping Reviews
Cool swampy place

I stayed on a solo trip overnight on the way to somewhere else, the loop of tent sites were all wet except one (wish I remembered sorry) it was super loud at night with swamp things. Rangers were super nice! Biked around a bit and went on all the walking trails, I’d suggest having shoes that can get trashed. It was quite muddy!

Cool place

Seems like a great place for summer with a splash pad and beach available. I’m sure the mosquitoes would be horrendous though. Great place to bike around. Beautiful oak trees, historical site, very helpful park rangers. I arrived late with my daughter and we thoroughly enjoyed our short overnight stay.

Clean and easy

Very nice park. Well manicured and right across from the beach.

Friendly People and Great Location

We really have enjoyed our stay here. My husband has fished in the back pond nearly every day and has always been successful. There's a library literally across the street from the campground and a Dollar General a quarter mile down the road. There's several activities, a hot tub and indoor swimming pool. The laundry facilities are reasonably priced and actually work, unlike some campgrounds we've been to. The staff is very knowledgeable of the area, as well, and directed us to Wilson's Kountry Korner, the best little cajun kitchen we've eaten at.

Better than I Expected!

Nice park! Who would have thunk it, in the middle of New Orleans. A convenient walk to the French Quarter. Very safe and secure. A nice little green park next door for the doggies. Very clean with curbside trash pick-up. A pool and a hot tub (though we weren't there at a warm enough time to use them). Great stay! Oh, our GPS took us on a round about so ask them how best to get there when you book.  I-10 is across the street and a bit loud during the daytime, but less so at night.

Lake Side Large park

This is a busy weekend park within 2 miles of Morgan City, LA. It sits on the edge of a large freshwater lake and has great views. Many sites appear to be Big Rig Friendly. There are various sections of park to choose from. Easy access to park and paved roads inside park. Includes bathhouses, office area, beach and nice boat ramp with dock space. Not sure of a charge for ramp or docks. The East side of the park is wide open and very easy to access with today’s mega rigs and 5th wheels. A large dog park is walking distance and right along the lakeshore.

Wonderful place

My family went and stayed here for a weekend and enjoyed ourselves very much. It was a cold weekend and was very pleased that the bathrooms were heated.

Beautiful Park even during the soggy season

We had a great pull-through site with the woods as our back yard.(I don't recall the number). Saw deer every evening and even a wild pig! The sites were a bit soggy because of all the rain. Campground could use a few more trash dumpsters. The beach was beautiful and I'll bet crowded during the summer. Take advantage of the Rails to Trails bike path. We rode to Liz' Where Y'all At Diner and then drove on for a total 20 mile bike ride. Would totally visit this park again.

Very nice state park

Quiet, clean, well kept park with pretty river side views. We stayed here for 11 nights in Feb while traveling though the area. We used it as a base camp to go into New Orleans for a weekend (50 mins). The staff is very active in keeping the park clean and maintained. Our favorite things:

1. Great views for short walks
  2. Close drive to groceries, resteraunts, and services.
  3. 3-4 complimentary washers and dryers (not common).
  4. paved pads for RV. (larger RVs like ours use the entire width but smaller rvs get some patio.)
  5. Overflow parking for our truck.
  6. Bathrooms were clean everytime I went, which is just as much about the guests as the staff. Our least favorite things: Like a lot of state parks there is not a sewer connection (they do have a dump station) but we knew that going in. We were close to the on-site facilities and stretched our tanks for the 11 days.

We would stay here again.

Very quiet and relaxing campground.

A quiet and well maintained campground. We always enjoy our stopover night here on the drive to Alabama. It is our go-to place. The Otis House tour and other artifacts are interesting and worth the time. We routinely walk the campground road and trails each trip. Once we spotted a few alligators near the boat ramp area. There is also an eagle’s nest viewable from the Swamp Trail. It is very peaceful sitting on the boardwalk bordering the Tchefuncte River. The restroom/shower are individual rooms and huge. The park manager and staff are always pleasant and helpful.