Owenton, KENTUCKY

Most Recent Owenton Camping Reviews
Private Campground with nice small lake

It’s a private campground with mostly permanent residents. Nice small pond and I hear the fishing is good. The first day here I went to the bathroom/shower and they were dirty-so I didn’t use either and decided to only use the facilities in my RV. Today I was outside and needed to go to the restroom, they were much cleaner this time. Old but cleaner. Staff at the campground seemed nice and friendly.

Awesome River View

Our site had a level concrete parking pad and concrete deck overlooking the river. On the deck was a patio set with an umbrella and 4 chairs and 2 Adirondack style plastic chairs with a portable fire pit. There was even a clean gas grill with a full tank of propane and utensils! It had rained really hard all day Friday and had cleared up just as we turned off the highway so the river was really muddy and had a lot of debris and a really fast current. We camped May 8th and 9th and the temperature dropped down to 25 degrees. “Angie”, the manager was awesome! She is so very nice, also the man that took care of the campground “Russ” was really nice and helpful, this was our first time using our camper and he even came in and helped us get our tv going. The restroom/bath house is older but I don’t think it could have been any cleaner! The small store/office was also nice, they aren’t trying to make a fortune on there items and there was even free coffee! I give it five stars. We will definitely be back.

A waterfall and all

Looove this hidden gem. We stayed there in early March, the first weekend it opened for the year. It's a fairly new park on the site that used to be the Indiana Ammunition Plant. Good-sized sites with a very helpful staff. I hiked trail 2 and found the waterfall and several other gorgeous views. Will definitely be back!

Corona Camping

1st trip of season. Great campground site 80. Only camper in that section. Very pleased with site and campground. Would highly recommend

Quick night through

Clean, plenty of room b/w sites, nobody around as was last of February. Good size campground. Clean restrooms.

REAL Bison 😳

Great Attraction, you can walk the trails and even get the excitement of seeing REAL LIVE BISON. Pretty sweet experience!

October fall break trip.

Went in October, but did not write review until December. Great place and want to come back in the summer to enjoy the lake and pool. We had a nice level, shaded campground. Some sites are not level at all. So be sure to read up on the site you want before you book it.

Incredible long October weekend

Spent 5 nights and had a wonderful time. Enjoyed trails, big lots and lots of stuff for the kids to do.

Beautiful State Park

We stayed here 1 night driving through, but really enjoyed our time.  We were in site 50 in the trees.  It appeared most of the other sites were out in the open and close together.  Our site didn't have a water hook-up.  But we filled our fresh water tank at the shower house.  We hiked to the falls and tunnel.  Next time we'll bring a flashlight and go all the way through the tunnel.

Close to Madison, IN.  We ate dinner at Shipley's Tavern and had really great burgers.  This was a fun stop we want to come back to.

Decent campground

Nice campground. Not very big though. The do have some pull through sites for equestrian trailers. Good horse trails. Clean facilities.