The best GROUP camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Utopia Camping Reviews
Very Nice

Nice quiet spot. I will be back for sure.

Pleasant, Free, Crowded

I got here on a Friday night in late September and took the last available campsite. The site itself was very small, definitely not big enough for a trailer or RV, but fine for my Honda Civic. There was quite a bit of noise from a youth group out on the dock until 10:30pm. Good water access with the lake. Vault toilets were clean and convenient. Very little litter. No mosquitos, lots of creepy crawlers. Good road, no issues for a sedan. This place would be perfect if it weren’t for weekend noise and availability.

Nice fall camping

We had a nice weekend stay at this lake. We booked site #210, and were happy with the amenities. Fire ring with built in grill worked well. Luckily the lake wasn’t crowded, so we had lots of space to ourselves. Lake staff were pleasant Nice views of the lake, but not very good shore access from where we were at. However at the end of the campsite was a nice fishing dock. The took a short hike and the trail was well maintained. All in all, we found it to be a nice stay and fairly close to home.

Quiet get away

Another great place in Kansas. We managed to book this place on the start of Labor Day Weekend because of a last minute cancellation and we were extremely lucky to get this place last minute. Overall everything was great EXCEPT the swim access on arrow rock. Most of the shoreline is jagged rock and without water shoes or crocs it’s not worth it. Water isn’t too bad but it is still pretty murky.

Key highlights

Best RV spot is #25 - extremely shady Boat ramps are barely busy Great playground for kids Bathrooms/showers very clean Spacious lots

Party hub

The lake was flooded so the water was a bit off, biggest complaint was the lack of shade on our spot and the amount of young people partying all night. Brewery in the city of el dorado wasn’t bad.

Lovely

The lake was so beautiful. The park was a little too crowded for my liking on the weekend but I would love to spend a week out there.

Close to home

This was our first time camping in our new travel trailer and we were pleased with having such an easy to use campground so close to home. The sites were level and spacious. We will definitely be back.

Primitive and quiet

There are several areas to set up camp, each area has different advantages: proximity to vault toilets, picnic tables, privacy… The area is easy to navigate and sites are lakeside.

Memories

I went to this lake a lot as a teen. My first camping trip a group of friends went out to camp for the night, and to swim at the beach.

We Didn’t Even Give Kansas a Chance

On our road-trip to Utah, we dreaded having to camp in Kansas, until a friend recommended this spot. This stunning little lake is a free site with plenty of fire rings right next to a road. PERFECT car camping. And even has a clean little bathroom. Stunning views of rolling hills and cattle. Places to fish. A little trail that leads up a small hill. Stunning stunning stunning views of wildflowers and rolling hills. Great sunrise and sunset views! Phenomenal place to stop if you’re driving through Kansas. A bit of a detour from I-70, but totally worth it.