The best DRIVE IN camping near
Uniontown , KANSAS

Most Recent Uniontown Camping Reviews
Such a beautiful place to stay

We go here every year with family, The little trails from the campsites to the lake are amazing! There are little sand bars along the way to get into the water. There are trees at every campsite. Most campsites are nestled into the trees from the road making a beautiful Escape! The showers are very nice and they are free. Bathrooms are kept very nice as well!

Peaceful and convenient

Great primitive spot near the front with no electric but water within walking distance. Remote and lovely

Quiet and Peaceful

Small private lake community. Access to several lakes for boating swimming and fishing. Also has a golf course and swimming pool. Come in the fall when the trees are beautiful.

Wonderful lake escape

I love camping here close to everything but yet secluded. Great Lake for water sports, plenty of privacy and always clean and well taken care of. Spot 33 is my favorite it’s hard to get so obviously it’s others as well.

Primitive fun

This campsite is not for those who want amenities. There are 4 SPACIOUS sites and they are what I would call primitive. No hookups/ no electricity/ no running water. Good for star gazing. Two sites have a paved pad and two do not…depends what you’re looking for. There are quite a few trails ranging from 1.5-4.5 miles—- total of 14 miles of trails. The nature center is small but they have two bison, a coyote, and many other learning opportunities inside. Speaking of bison and coyotes… you’ll hear the coyotes all night howling and barking…the bison are roaming around which you will be able to see where they’ve been by the scat droppings around the road and trail system. Definitely something to see if you’ve never seen the plains before.

Second visit, first time camping.

We will be back. Nice flat site with grass! Only 10 sites with water and power, two with 50A. You have to request a fire ring and bring your own wood (PSA: don't transport wood that could carry harmful bugs). Indoor bathrooms and showers available at the main building. Simple, but clean. Staff was so friendly! The whole family loved the self guided tour of Big Brutus. Clean and well maintained camps. Truly a marvel to see up close.

Nicest people!

I knew within minutes of check in that we picked the right overnight stop. The couple who runs the place couldn't be better. Great site with mini golf for the kids too.

Cherryvale Park COE

October 1-5, 2019. Love this park. Site 8 had electric, water and sewer. Park had dump station, OK showers and flush toilets, Verizon 4G 2 bars. Elevation 906 ft. Most sewer sites were to high to use. Paid $11 with Sr. Lifetime pass. See RV Camping Journal for details.

A treasure in Kansas!

We are new to RV’ing, so my experience is somewhat limited, but this was a very nice campground and I couldn’t imagine how it could get much better. Compared to the few other lakes we’ve stayed at, this campground it very nicely developed with electric and water hook ups in just the right spots, and a really nice area with a picnic table, bbq grill and nice ring with an additional cooking grate in each spot. The whole camp was very cleaned and maintained and the park ranger was very accessible. We had a great time. The only reason I don’t give it 5 stars is because there was fairly limited shore access in the campground we stayed in, which was Mound Valley North Loop. Otherwise it was perfect.

Edit 10.11.20:

I wanted to edit my prior review and add a star. We ended up going to Big Hill 3 times this year, and several other state parks and campgrounds, and Big Hill is our favorite. My original title was correct, a treasure in Kansas.

Peaceful near KC

I car camped here for one night early this spring and will definitely come here again. There was a big RV parked next to me, some other car campers, and then a group of tent campers. The sites are right on the lake and the vault toilet was clean. Each site has a picnic table and fire ring and they are spaced out nicely. There was a decent amount of traffic to and from the floating boat dock but it still wasn’t too noisy.