the dyrt
Idana, KANSAS
Most Recent Idana Camping Reviews
Campground is a 3 orv area is a 5

The bathrooms were located by the camper areas and not the primitive area. Lots of room near the shelters for multiple tents. There was no management and they have a self pay system. We didn’t see a single park manager anywhere.

The orv area was amazing to take the jeeps out to! There’s trails, mudding areas, and areas called ledges for climbing. We will definitely be returning again!

Right in town

Although we personally have not spent the night here, we visit it every chance we get since it is right in the town of Belleville. You can frolf, fish, have a picnic, go for a walk around the pond, and camp here of course. The thing I like the most is that it is right in town so you have the grocery store and gas stations all within 3 miles. There is also a swimming pool in town for the kids. You can kayak on the pond as well and there use to be small boats that would go on it as well!

Right in the water sites. Amazing.

Great spot to fish swim or boat. Set up tent in the dark and woke up to an amazing view.

Smaller campground on Milford Lake

They keep it pretty clean considering how busy it stays. The staff is really friendly. Sometimes it gets a little noisy in the evening due to a few of the more partying type campers but that is not too often.

Sleepy Little Town

This might be the metropolis of this area but when the Walmart in town closes at midnight you know it is a sleepy little town. With that said it was nice to find this site to lay my head in the sleepy town.

The sites were level and pretty typical of a KOA. The staff was very nice and accommodating and walked me over to my tent site when I arrived. Very nice touch!

The bathrooms here were warm on a cold night and very clean. You could tell they take care of this facility very well. I had missed the pool season but with the cool air I didn't mind missing the cold water I was just wanting to stay warm.

For a basic site which included a fire ring and picnic table it was $24 that included access to wifi.

The only negative to getting a primitive site was that it was pretty windy and there wasn't really any wind block, I could have sprung for an upgraded site had I have realized there was going to be so much wind but that is my fault not theirs.

Great place to camp!

Really nice campground. Big RV spots with great views. The beach area was small but nice. There is a medium sized playground near the swimming area. There are horse pens located at the Eagle Ridge site. Eagle Ridge has full hook-ups. The only negative is that there were very few bathrooms and showers.

Normal KOA Campground. Very friendly helpful staff. Clean bathrooms.

Clean facility. Spaces for all types from tents to motor homes. Level shaded spaces. All pull through. Food available on site or stores within minutes. Swimming pool in season.

Fantastic

We loved this place. Pool, playground, jumping pad, horse shoes, roomy tent sites, gem mining, friendly staff, great price. My sister did hurt herself on the slide… but we are adults so maybe it’s our fault. YOLO. She’ll be fine. We had a ton of fun. This was a nice stop on our way. They also had bikes and a train for the kids.

Nice campground with lots of family-friendly amenities

Nice location for a one-night stopover. Kids enjoyed the basketball court, playground, and swimming pool. Clean bathroom/showers.

Equestrian sites. Water and showers, but not much shade!

Nice campgrounds for horse people, although there are hiking trails, as well. Water is available. Showers and toilets are nice. This is on the north end of Tuttle.

Very small, some primitive sites, some with elec

Right on the Big Blue. Quaint. Vault toilets, no water. Trailhead to a nice trail. Some sites have shelters. It's kind of a spread out layout. Great place to get away from busy.

primitive camping only

It’s a nice place to camp kayak and fIsh during cooler weather.

kids love it

very nice, clean bathrooms, along with a clean pool, playground, basketball court, and jump pad. only drawback was interstate noise which was significant in a pop up. well stocked store on site.

Clean with beautiful view of the lake.

Has equestrian amenities, but sites are not limited to horse enthusiasts. Any campers welcome.

Storm Brewing Over Lake

Was at this area for a fishing tournament happening on Milford Lake. It was storming far to the south, but looked so neat over the lake. This campground was clean and not busy at all as it was March. The state parks weather alerts could be followed online easily and there are tornado sirens in the park with shelters nearby.

Cool Day at Tuttle

Explored some of the trails/hunting areas with my puppy! The scenery was just beautiful and so serene. Enjoyed the seclusion from rest of the state park at this outlet of the lake.

Awesome cabins with lake access

A group of friends rented a cabin at Acorns Resort. the cabins are spacious and well maintained and we had one right down from the water! Went fishing off the docks. There is also a restaurant where you can eat dinner on a grand patio overlooking sunsets on the lake.

Gorgeous Dog Friendly Trails

very well kept trails wind through this park. I went with my two dogs and husband for a fall afternoon hike and thoroughly enjoyed the wooded scenery!

Secluded lake view

beautiful view watching sunsets over Milford lake as our camp site was right off the water. We were secluded from other campsite for some privacy but still near restrooms if we needed it and the camp host was friendly!

Amazing!

It's a quite little area with amazing views! You can go fishing one one side if the cove and catch big catfish, and on the other side there is a beach the kids and swim and play. At the boat marina which u can see from the campsite has a fishing station with a disposal and plug in for electric knifes to clean fish. It's a beautiful quite place!

So peaceful

We stay many weeks during the season at this park and it is the best. The camp hosts are so nice and helpful. The showers and bathrooms are very clean. They view of the lake from A loop is the best. Love opening the windows and listening to the water at night. Get a good breeze off the lake also which is a plus in a Kansas summer

Nice State Park

The is a nice clean Kansas State Park. Lots of shady spots. Easy access to walking trails and water activities. Fire pits and picnic tables at every site. Most sites are only water and electric. There are only a half dozen or so full hook up sites and they are generally always full during camping season. There are two dump stations on site. This park is close to home for us and we camp here often.

Great campground

This is a great campground. Camp host is great. Spots are nice and shady. The outer spots put you right next to the lake. We love camping here.

Nice camping spots close to lake friendly camp hosts

Our families camp there every year. The spots are nice. Every third is a pull in non reservable site. Lake side spots. Friendly camp hosts. Great campground.

Good cheep

Nice but cant swim

Good campground

This was a good place to stay. It had water and electric for utilities. A pit toilet close by and new playground equipment in A loop. I didn’t use the showerhouse, but it was a bit of a ways off outside our campground loop. Good access to rocky shoreline and lake for activities. If you bring kids keep away from tree trunks as I saw some poison ivy starting to grow at the base of several trees. Saw local LE patrol daily.

Sweet city park

Sties are scattered around a circular drive through this small city park. There is an area for tents in the center, RVs around the perimeter. There are electric connections in some of the spots. Not very well defined…you drive up over the curb to park for some spots.

Tenting is free. I'm in a van and did not need electric so I assume it's also free to stay. I saw no place to pay anyway.

busy little place in the evening. Very quite at night. Clean. Safe. Restrooms no showers.

The best kept secret campground in Kansas!

When camping in Kansas you must try the Rocky Ford Campground in Tuttle State Park River Pond Area. This is a great shaded area with water views and full hookups. There are great secluded sites or sites you can camp next to friends or family. There are huge cottonwood trees that are wrapped with green vines during the summer months that guide you through the park. Make sure and put your food away at night or the raccoons will be dining at your table during the night. Site #44 is our favorite spot to hang the hammock and relax after biking or hiking the trails.

Great fishing campsite

Camped here half a dozen times this past year. There are some very nice sites available but there are some really boring ones too. College nearby so weekends inches summer can get a little rowdy at times but week nights are usually very peaceful.

Fishing in the lake, the spillway it the pond is always productive. And if you do want a little nightlife, there is a great area called Aggieville 15 minutes away.

beautiful

love the sound of water in the morning