Hill City, KANSAS

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Hill City Camping Reviews
Now called RV Village on Vine

We arrived here after a grueling day battling the wind in our VW van. The new sign is very pretty but didn’t indicate where the park was. We walked into a chicken place looking for it and were told there was no one there and to call the number on the sign. We did and there was no answer and the person hadn’t set up voicemail so we couldn’t leave a message. We discovered a sign on the restroom with info. $30 a night place money in envelope and drop thru slot. The women’s room had 2 toilets but no stalls. One sink. The shower was very unappealing. The door opens with a code. We were finally able to reach someone who gave us the code. The men’s restroom on, according to my husband, was disgusting. The electric box did not work for a normal plug. I had a converter for a large RV plug that did work. The grassy area is pretty but hazardous with children’s toys and pipes etc. strewn about. We had site #10 which had some shade. The website for this place shows pictures that are false, not reality. For a last ditch stop sure, stay here. Otherwise, I wouldn’t recommend it.

Perfect for a quick stay

Spots are pretty close. Full hookups for a great price.

Cool fishing lake, with lots of free camping

We got here very late, and the place was empty. There was a stack of firewood next to the forepit, and the tent site was very even. Weather was gorgeous, and we didn't mind the mooing cows in the distance. There was a picnic table, and though the road was a bit rough on the minivan, it was a well maintained campsite.

Small but functional

Nice little spot in beautiful NW Kansas. Conveniently located on the intersection of Hwy 83 and Hwy 36. Like everyone in this town, the owners are helpful and friendly. Full hookups available in all (6 or 7 total) RV spots. Back in only in all but end spot, with relatively level gravel pads. There is a gazebo on site with seating, and a fire pit and barbecue. It's open for all guests, including motel guests. I give 4 stars because of 2 drawbacks. Hotel WiFi is hit and miss, and the RV spots are small. We couldn't put out our awning without invading the neighbors. But good value for the money ($30/night). I recommend. Oh and do yourself a favor, go downtown and get the best pizza ever at the ReLoad Bar and Grill.

Nice stop over site

Cute little creek with a dock. Has a bathroom / shower but wasn’t nice or very clean. We just stayed the night, but we enjoyed the creek and the huge trees. Wouldn’t stay for longer then a day.

Family fun!

Well maintained sites. Amazing swimming area. Helpful staff if boating you must go by the bluffs!

Favorite Camping Place

Close to home , large level camp pads.

Can't beat free.

I should have paid more attention to this park. I didn't realize there was a frisbee golf course. Plenty of hiking, biking and horse riding trails. I read later there's pond there to fish in. The place is called a state park but it's actually run by the city of Oberlin, Kansas. We were just driving through and needed a place to stay and found this little gem. We were the only ones in the park. It's free if you aren't using electricity. Otherwise there is an honor box for those using RV electric hook ups. We are van living and didn't need any hook ups. Lots of trees for shade around. There's a shelter house. Wish I took some pics. It was a pretty little spot.

Very clean

Geat place

Cute campground

Fantastic state Park with full hookups… Beach, fishing and a delightful small City of prairie dogs to entertain the kids for hours