Camping in Wallace

60 Reviews of 83 Wallace, Iowa Campgrounds

PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Cute small Campground

We were 2 times on this campground. The campground is nearby the City Rock Rapids .You can walk and bicycle ride around the Campground. You need not a reservation. Come and drive in .

Donald N.
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Outstanding !

Peaceful and relaxing camp. Camp hosts are friendly and incredibly helpful!!! 3 Reservable full hook ups, otherwise first come.

SiteStayed at several sites there
s
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Would not reccommed

The guy gave me an address that lead me to an abandoned barn so I was then 40 mins out of the way.

Alan J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Very nice campground

We stayed at this very clean, small city park campground. Hardly anyone was there I think I counted 5 other there. We stayed on our trip out west. Would recommend.

T
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

A Hidden Gem in Iowa

A hidden gem in Northwest Iowa. It is Memerial Day Weekend and on Friday night we had one other tent camper on Friday. None on Saturday.

The bathrooms are the old hole going down into a pit. They are very rustic.

There are plenty of trails in the park. The big creek that runs through…

• The campground
  • A small creek
  • One of the many trails.
Paul A.
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Small but big enough

Cheap full hookup when passing through.

VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

Nice

Staying here during trip to SD, April is cold bit nice check in process. Clean and level site. Large site and we'll spaced out. Super nice lady, owner?, Checked me in and was super nice. No water hook up due to weather but glad we chose this as a place to stay. Would recommend for price with…

Jesse G.
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2021

Great little site

Stayed for a wind project last February1st through March. Clean showers and restrooms and great owner

Gary E.
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2020

Martin's Access

Primitive camping was awesome

Brian O.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2020

quiet park in the country

I went to college nearby, so i knew of this park but had never visited. On our way to Wyoming from Chicago, we stopped to stay here overnight.  Other than saying it's a nice place in the woods, in what is otherwise open farmland, I don't have much else I can say.

Sitetent area
Lori N.
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2020

Peaceful!

We love this park. We have never been there when it's really crowded, but we know it gets that way. Sites aren't crunched together, so you have privacy. Trails are nice. Everything is well maintained. Showers & bathrooms are awesome! We almost always see wildlife when hiking😁

VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2020

Great

Nice clean and quiet. Super friendly staff.

Kaylyn S.
Reviewed Aug. 30, 2020

Beautiful camp ground

It’s only 12 dollar to camp a night for electricity. They have two different areas for camping. There is a few pond to kayak and fish also there’s a beach area to swim. Not sure how many spot but there are quite a few. No WiFi but cell service is ok.

Larry K.
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2020

Nice

Very clean quiet well maintained park. 2 levels. Upper level has about 8 spots w 30/50 amp. A pavilion. 1 water spigot. Garbage and a plastic biffy. The lower level is at the lake. About 6 spots w electric but very unlevel. Very nice lake. Stayed here in a 27' B+ 8.26.20. I definitely would stay…

Roger A.
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2020

Beautiful Park and campground

I stumbled across this Park traveling through and looking for a place to spend the night. I drove in and saw the beautiful lake and the campground so I talked to the camp host, told him I just needed a primitive spots I didn't need electricity or water is it all good just grab a tent site, they are…