The best TENT SITES camping near
Breda , IOWA

Camping Iowa Breda Tent Sites

Most Recent Breda Camping Reviews
Nice park, camping below par

Most packed side by side, back to back. The few good sites are continually reseved.
Campers are loud well beyond midnight. If you like to whoop it up all night, this is the camp ground to go to, no enforcement Small lake is nice, trails are nice. Camp store and beach house (rentals) closed up long ago. 1 dump, long wait. Nearest store 10 miles away, weak cell, down in river valley.

Great area, next to middle raccoon river with access.

Quiet town, campground. Canoeing, walleye fishing. Turn of century museum within walking distance. National golf course, par 3 golf course at nearby lake panorama is open to the public.

Scenic Hiking

Beautiful views, wonderful trails, cramped campground, poor tent camping conditions.

Not our preferred type of camping

We often seek out city parks for eating lunch when on the road and this is how we found this park/campground. Albert, the world’s largest bull, was constructed in 1964 as a way to draw tourists to the area. Press the button to hear him bellow and learn his history.

Albert is part of a park and campground, which is located next to a pool and water park. The campground is ok but nothing special. On a Monday afternoon in August, only two sites were occupied, and no one seemed to be around but judging by the overflowing dumpster, I’m guessing it was full over the weekend. Sites were typical of what I have come to expect in many campgrounds in Iowa – close together and no physical separation between them. Full hookup sites are $20; all others are $15. There is only one toilet and shower each for women and men; it was in reasonable shape but not the best.

Since the park is adjacent, there is a nice playground and this, along with learning about Albert’s history, might be entertaining for children. I am not sure if non-residents can access the pool/water park; although it was open, no one was there when I was there- this may have been due to Covid.

quiet park in the country

I went to college nearby, so i knew of this park but had never visited. On our way to Wyoming from Chicago, we stopped to stay here overnight.  Other than saying it's a nice place in the woods, in what is otherwise open farmland, I don't have much else I can say.

Beautiful Fall Scenery

Loved it! Both our teenage boys agree it was one of the top 3 places on our South Dakota trip. We would definitely stay here again!!!

Peace & quiet

Reserved electric unit 090 for the weekend, which had a scenic corn field for a backdrop - this is Iowa! Paved roads, level gravel sites, wide & mowed trails, clean pit toilets and a layout that isn’t too cramped. The pond has multiple shoreline fishing spots with picnic tables and a cleaning station. Basic playground in front of the beach which is a short drive or a ~1 mile trail walk away.

Nice Family Getaway

This campground was perfect for a small family reunion. We rented out their 3 cabins and had a whole area to ourselves. The kids could walk down to the sand and a bridge. Very well kept, you must clean up after yourself - which should always be the case anyway.

Great campground

We loved our stay here! Beautiful campground and well maintained. Unfortunately the skate arena was closed for the season. Lots of trails to choose from and spacious campsites.

My only complaint is the signs in the park. It was our first time here and with the lack of signs telling us where to go was frustrating.

We will absolutely be back next year!!

Good for German history buffs

Small, fairly quiet campground (you will hear some road noise) but yikes, the bathrooms are closed from 9 pm- 9 am! If you are not in a self-contained RV, this could be problematic. I was not able to find anyone to ask if this was Covid related and temporary. All campsites are full hookup with 30 and 50 amp and most are shaded, although there is no physical separation between sites. There is a small playground.

Nearby is a 350-year-old authentic German Hausbarn, brought over from Germany, where you can learn about life in Germany in the 1600s. It is across the street from the beautiful Trinity Lutheran Church and there is a historical farmstead nearby.

I waffled between 2 and 3 stars but this is not our preferred type of campground. The limited bathroom hours and lack of separation between sites kept my rating at 2 stars. If these issues do not bother you and if you are a history buff, this might be a good place to camp but if not, it might be a good place to stop en-route to somewhere else (as long as you have an iron bladder!)