The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Yellowbanks , INDIANA

Most Recent Yellowbanks Camping Reviews
This is our favorite State Park campground

The campground is huge, but we have never felt crowded. There is a nice prairie area to walk around in, and an easy to ride pave bike trail. We watched the osprey nest one year for several hours. We have not yet had a kayak out on the lake, but the lake is big. The bathrooms have always been clean, and the campground hosts friendly. The sites vary in size and slope, so research and prepare for anything. But all of the sites are manageable. South Bend is close by if you want to adventure in.

Nice campgrounds

Have stayed at this park twice and will go back again! Lots of sites with shade and sun. Well kept-up bath/shower facilities. QUIET!

Great outside of Covid

We had a really great time. Good cell coverage. Lots of security, playgrounds, well kept trails, a beach, general store. This place is MASSIVE. You will need to pay a one time entry fee 9 for out of state, 7 for in state. After you check into the campsite you will have a pass. We got a space with direct access to a huge playground, but it was closed for Covid. Major bummer. There are LOTS and LOTS of playgrounds so we had a lot of temper tantrums from my normally very well behaved toddler. He goes days and days without fussing but seeing playgrounds he can't use is too much, lol The swimming area is great for kids. They have lots of stuff for sale. I posted pictures so you can budget. Overall this place was perfect, the only downside is the temporary closures. A Walmart Supercenter is 30 minutes away. The general store really has anything(including tents) that you might need but it's overpriced as you would expect. We were able to stay on property all 5 days! Extra bonus! We were here on Memorial Day and we saw 0 people on a morning hike.

Family Friendly with Space

Solid campground with space between the sights. Great for families, has a general store with essentials, and lots of activities. A little pricy.

Great sites available

Enjoyable Experience

Campground has improved over the years. Trees planted are providing better shade lots.

Lake view

If you can get a lake view site enjoy. Some spot are far away from the shower houses but you can drive to them. Nice marina with a great store and boat rentals

About what you’d expect

Only stopped here for the night to catch a rest so cannot speak to the trails or lakes. The place was nice enough at first glance that I’ll be back to check all those things out if I’m ever around these parts again. Would I make a many-hours-out-of-my-way detour for this place? Maybe… if the online booking looked like the park campground wouldn’t be terribly booked, because the sites are pretty jammed in there and close together, so you’d want to be there when it is less busy.

There were very cute friendly cats that came out at night to comb my site to see if there were any foodstuffs to be had. I prefer them over rodents, but missed the overly-friendly raccoons I’m used to :)

Great and clean!

Really nicely maintained facilities and campsites. Decently busy family campground. Lots of children running around biking skating etc… Very safe feeling! :-)

Huge!!

Our stay was short, but I'd definitely consider another trip! Beautiful campground, large but still felt pretty secluded. Bathrooms were clean and well stocked.