Perkins , INDIANA

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Perkins Camping Reviews
My 'home' campsite.

I live about 30 minutes from Kickapoo SP and anytime I feel I need to camp I head over. Great little campground in Central Illinois. Some pretty trails overlooking, beside, and sometimes through water. The RV sites are great for either rv, van, or tent camping with a lot of level ground at most sites. There are some real diamonds of a campsite hidden here that you can basically be in the woods with clear ground for a level tent. I love this simple campground and have brought a handful of friends here who also enjoyed it.

Reliable

Everything you need in one place

Keeping it basic (Primitive nonelectric site)

Have to walk to the site but if you want nonelectric/ primitive that’s what you get. Water pump at either side of the entry. Some outhouses available. Trails close as well as fishing areas. Large sites for camping. Deer and wildlife seen in the mornings. Really nice way to get off the grid for a second without having to go too far.

Beautiful, Friendly & Outdated

We tent camped with 8 small kiddos. One if the largest tent sites I’ve been on. There is a small playground, and a pond for swimming and fishing. This campground gets stars from me for the gorgeous and peaceful surroundings, as well as very friendly staff. However, their two flushing toilets and two showers (free) are very outdated with some rusty nails sticking out, and we didn’t see anyone clean anything in the bathrooms for the few days that we were there (which meant a very full garbage and lots of dead bugs everywhere). Ice was an affordable $2 per bag, but bring your own firewood… it was $10 for a few pieces of fallen branches which did not even fit in the firepit. Near the campground is an awesome playground (Lincoln Township Park), as well as an adorable family owned Ice Cream shop (Sycamore Drive-In).

Our favorite so far

The spots for RVs are HUGE. The roads and nice and wide and the views are beautiful. The weather was not nice to us during our stay, but we still got to get out on the lake and canoe (Kickapoo adventures). We also took a short hike when it wasn’t raining and really enjoyed it. This park has a lot more to offer than what we were able to do. I saw playgrounds, corn hole, fishing spots galore, bike trails, etc. I didn’t see anywhere to swim, which was disappointing. Overall though it was a great visit. We’ll definitely be back!

Great place!

I’ve been camping at Kickapoo for 5 years and I love it. The campground hosts at the entrance are kind and helpful and the campgrounds have been undergoing improvements making it even more enjoyable.

Awesome Prairie Camping

The whole premise of Prophetstown is to recreate pre-colonial landscape so not a lot of mature growth trees around the park, but nice sites with some trees in the full hookup area, very “prairie” in electric only area. Water park (closed 2020) is nice attraction as are hike and bike trails, fishing, and The Farm.

Campground with lots to offer

This is a really nice campground with many shaded sites. We camped in a pull-through full hookup site that was very level. There is a 5-mile paved bike trail that runs through the park. The trail winds through a prairie to where the Wabash and Tippecanoe Rivers meet. Very pretty ride. The state park has a water park and a working farm.

Peaceful

Beautiful campground and park. Campsites are very roomy.

We love this place.

Chris has always been friendly and accommodating when we've wanted to visit.