Hardinsburg , INDIANA

Most Recent Hardinsburg Camping Reviews
Great campground but some sites not level

This was the second and third time we stayed at Brown County. This time we stayed in Buffalo Loop sites 95 and 93. First - about site 95. We have a 21’ RV/van and we just barely fit in the site - take their length limits seriously. This site only has 20 amp power, so make sure you have an adapter if you need 30/50 hookups. The site is NOT level. Usually with our van we don’t need to worry, but in this site we used our leveling ramps and probably could have used more. Looking at the other sites on this side of the loop, they all look like they would need leveling if you’re in an RV. Site 93 is more level and is private (RV/car will block only neighbor). This campground has very convenient dump stations right by the loop.

Good camping

Privately owned, nice camp grounds, store, playground, half court basketball, heated pool and small fishing pond, I enjoyed staying here, friendly staff and guest, I made a few friends there

Beautiful Campground

We stayed in the Buffalo Ridge loop on a Tuesday night in early Dec. The area is beautiful and the campground was mostly empty. We stayed in site 94 which is completely set apart from the other sites. The site was very level and easy to back into. There is a trail right behind the site - great if you want easy access to a hike, but may be annoying if other people walk through your site to get to the trail. There is a VERY clean toilet right across from this site. Would definitely stay here again! Site 93 was also nice - neighbors only on one side (which would be blocked from fire pit area if you’re driving an RV).

Great Place!

Can't believe this place was free. It was nearly empty (although it was the end of November). The hiking was fantastic and the few people camping there were very well dispersed and all respectful.

100% will camp here again!

Our Very First Night In A RV

This place could do no wrong (we all remember our first time, right?). The staff were very kind and helpful. Propane filling is not intuitive. Very pretty campground.

Local with a twist of Nature

Close to home and close to nature. Overall this campsite is amazing in the sense that its in a very natural setting. The firepit is pretty huge and you can cook on it real easy. By request, you can have firewood delivered here. Would go back.

The KT earns its nickname 'little AT'

The KT is rugged and has lots of elevation gains over short distances. Everywhere you hike there are lovely vistas and lots of fossils on the trail snd creek beds. You're never too far from water, although the quality may differ depending on the time of year.

Watch out for ticks. My dogs and I got loads of them in April 2020 from Leota to Spurgeon Hollow. There are road crossings every 5 to 10 miles, so if you run out of something or need to bail you can. The KT asks that you respect leave no trace philosophy, and I felt most hikers did.

There is occasional trail magic but don't depend on it if thru hiking. I have not stayed in any campgrounds near the trail, so I can't review those, but the trailheads all have adequate parking and signage, and I found topo maps online for free.

Let someone know your itinerary, have a means for filtering water, and enjoy!

Gorgeous views

Camped here with some friends and really enjoyed it. Beautiful area with nice paths and trails to hike.

Very nice shower facility and bathroom. The showers are nicer than what we have seen, and very private with a nice area and plenty of room.

Employees at the camp store were super helpful and polite. Lots of options and things to purchase. Really well stocked camp store. They also have nice easy access paved sites for those that need. We will definitely be back to this campground, really enjoyed our stay here.

Cabin and Tent Camping

Located on Monroe lake, they have canoeing, row boats, sailboats, motor boats, and skiing.
Lots of fun activities to do, and great hiking trails. Their mess hall is top notch. We have camped here in a cabin, and also tent camped.

Beautiful grounds and a great place to enjoy nature.

Near Caves

I stayed on late October and I was the only one there, except for a family on the cabins. The spots are just near and walking distance from the caves and other attractions. They have two potable water spots (so no water on each spot), picnic tables, fire rings, grills and every spot faces the little river. restrooms and showers too. You can bring small pets inside the cave if you carry them all time. I have a small zuchon and carry her in a doggy backpack 🎒 she loved it!