The best BOAT IN camping near
Shumway , ILLINOIS

Most Recent Shumway Camping Reviews
Always a favorite

I have literally spent weeks here. I used to come out here alone for a week to prepare for big college exams. Such a peaceful atmosphere. Great place for families and a big choice in types of sites.

Beautiful and what a lake!

Only stayed here once. Nothing bad but like others nearby even better.

My kind of place.

Big sites. Been coming here since the trees were just saplings. For us it is a little farther drive but a pretty campground.

Crazy Convenient Overnight Spot

This place was a godsend. I called frantically searching for a space in late November and was greeted by a lovely person who got me all set up over the phone. She had me call as I was approaching and came down and met me at the office to check me in. It had water (with defroster on the podium), sewer and functional electric. Unfortunately the weather was garbage and I didn’t get to explore the lake but it was a great experience none the less.

Beautiful View of the Lake

This campground offers many sites that are right on the lake. Beautiful views. Also boasts the best shower house/bathrooms around. They are air conditioned and cleaned regularly.

Beautiful View of the Lake

good view of the lake

Depending on what site you stay in you will have an amazing view of the lake. With several picnic areas and the marina close. I have enjoyed camping and fishing at this campground. However when the lake is flooded you can not access this campground.

Go Swimming

This wonderful camping area is beautiful with clean campsites. With picnic areas and a beach close you and the family will have a good time and make new friends. With sevral areas to choose from this is a wonderful campground.

Great Stop-off

We stopped here on our way home for one night, but got in early enough to enjoy a walk and have a camp fire that evening. Small park but very long, narrow pull through sites on the full hook up side, there were some smaller water/electric sites that looked to be more of a parking lot that sites, but well spaced out and adequate. The camp host was very friendly and the camp store was well stocked.

Small Lake And Beautiful

It's a small campground that offers a playground,bathhouse, hiking trails, and a small swimming area. There is easy access walking down to the marina. With small towns close to this state park.