Camping in Hogue Town

40 Reviews of 7 Hogue Town, Illinois Campgrounds

B
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Great small park!

This is a real nice small park. Each site has great privacy and has very spacious sites. Close to Eastern Illinois University and lake Charleston which has trails.

Jacqueline F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Not much other than the lake

If you have a boat, canoe, kayak, float this is a great campsite for you. The trails were flooded and we didn’t get any internet reception, but we had some great sunrise views. Some of the spots aren’t level and not much space to put your outside gear. The bathrooms were decent.

• sunrise over lake shelbyville
M
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

3rd time here

We've stayed here for a few nights in the past. We have peaceful, quiet nights, nice facilities, good Wi-Fi, shade. We always enjoy our stay.

Jeremie B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

Great Park

This is a Great Park, my wife and I camp here all the time. Large sites, because they are very wooded lots of shade, not far from downtown, also close to shopping (i.e. Walmart, Meijer). Lots to do in the park as well, fishing, archery, bike riding, canoe/kiak dock, and lots of very nice trails for…

Site19,26,16,39,27
Fran S.
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2021

Looking for a respite in the middle of Lincoln country? Fox Ridge State Park Satisfied.

We found out that the back loop was not available due to downed trees, but that didn't diminish the stay for us. (Back loop was no electric and normally first come, first serve.)

We couldn't reserve a site because it was March and because of the time of year, and Covid I suppose, so it was first…

Jana C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2021

Huge lake, nice camping

Camped here in a tent. Loved it. Raccoons are really brave and ate not afraid of humans. They know how to rip open a tent for food. Nothing is safe here. But a beautiful lake and campground.

Catherine T.
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2021

Beautifully quiet

i have been struggling with my life and went out here with someone trying to help me and had never heard of this place and we loved it.

We were the only ones there and I really don't have any negative thoughts about it..I was a bit bothered by one of the on site toilets..but it is like that in…

Sarah S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2020

Great!

Camping spots are spacious but fill up quickly for the season. Boating, fishing, and lake swimming/beach area are great. The bath houses have vault toilets. Many weekends they have live music and/or activities for the family. Local officers patrol the area during busy weekends and the park is…

S
Reviewed Oct. 2, 2020

Beautiful/Quiet during week!

We stopped in to Wolf Creek State Park later in the day on a Wednesday after trying to stop at a different campground that was closed. We were worried about finding a spot as the sun was going down so we called even though no one usually answers phones at state parks (esp during COVID). The woman…

Felicia
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2020

Clean campground

Clean campground but camping proximity is very close.

S
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2020

Very nice state park

Nice big spots. 30 and 50 amp available. Right on lake Shelbyville. 309 spots 141 are reservable

Barry B.
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2020

Best place to stay

My family has stayed at Sullivan Lake many times. It is an awesome place to go for a family outing. They have all kinds of camping sites, a huge lake that can support all sizes of family boating. A beach for swimming. Pets are welcome. Check their site for events.

John H.
Reviewed May. 10, 2020

basic

We stayed at this campground for two nights. It was very flat, there were ponds to go fishing. access was easy. Water was available on the grounds. The toilets were pit toilets. I really enjoyed the campground mostly because there were lots of empty sites. I suspect in the spring it get flooded but…

SiteI am not sure
N
Reviewed Oct. 22, 2019

Quiet place

Nice park, spacious sites, bring plenty of water hose. The water faucets for fill up can be a bit far away.. Shower house was older but was heated and water was hot.. Definately will be back again.