Auburn, ILLINOIS

Most Recent Auburn Camping Reviews
Nice clean park with amenities.

This park is just south of Springfield, right next to the interstate. We have stayed here for two weeks. Nice walking trail, swimming pool, playground, outdoor checkers, basketball court, put put golf (closed because of covid but the pool isn’t?). Full site hookups 30/50 amp, water, sewer, cable and WiFi. Many many pros to this park. Cons- very pricey, WiFi is about the speed of dial up, for the price you should be able to do more with it.

Easy on and off the Interstate

Very clean and quiet. There is a lot of shade in the main part of the park It has a huge pool, putt-putt golf, and washer and dryers

It is a little on the pricey side, but it is close to Springfield.

Lovely Primitive Campground

Stayed one night in July. We tent camped in site 1 of the primitive campground. There are 7 sites well spaced with a picnic table, fire ring, trash can and three sided shelter in each site. Pit toilets are in the middle. Each site is along the tree line with plenty of shade. These are walk in sites ranging from 0.10 miles to 0.50 miles from the parking lot. Just $6 a night. Hiking trails, kayaking and fishing are available but we didn’t get a chance to take advantage of those things. Very friendly and helpful campground host drove over from the RV campground to register us and even offered to take our stuff to our site. Great experience. Only 3 sites in use on a Friday night.

Love this place

This campground is only 30 minutes from where I live but I love going here. It has nice spacious campsites. Clean bathrooms and shower. Nice big common areas. A nice big lake for fishing. It’s a real pretty place to just get away for a weekend or so.

Was a nice stay

Have camped here a few times and have walked the trails for years. I camped at the primitive sites my first time. The sites were clean and fairly well maintained for primitive. Picnic table and fire pit were in good shape. Plenty of shade! Camp host were very nice and helpful. Non flushable restrooms were clean and stocked. It stormed pretty bad the second night there. Woke up to find my tent wasnt so waterproof. But made most of it that morning because I was also leaving that day. On my second most recent trip we stayed in the loop on an electrical site. Once again the sites were clean and the fireplace was clean and ready. Camp host were once again very helpful and polite. The kids had a great time even though due to covid-19 the playground was closed. The only reason I am giving 4 stars is the fact that the trails and bridges were in horrible condition. It was heartbreaking to see them in this condition as I've walked them since a child.

Great family campground

Lots are spacious & grounds are well kept. Restrooms were clean. Lots of trails, Lake Sangchris is very close by for fishing & kayaking. Quiet campground; great place to unwind.

Great family friendly campground

Great place to stay and feel part of the community.  Pretty scenery to walk around.  Plenty of lakes/ponds to fish.  We couldn't boat while there due to COVID but look forward to going back and taking our kayaks.  Attentive and Friendly camp hosts. Pet friendly. Close to town if you've forgotten anything or want to have a restaurant dinner. Close to the highway for easy access.  Full hookup available. Monthly or Season also available.

Nice campsites

All sites are shaded and mostly level with pull-thru or back-in parking. Each site has a picnic table and fire ring with a grate over it. Each site has electric, however the water spigots are scattered about. The restroom and shower house is very clean.

There is a nice walking trail path that goes around the exterior of the lake. The lake has boat access and some good fishing spots. There is also a restaurant and store on the lake. The breakfast at the restaurant is great! Mosquitoes are bad, remember to bring repellent.

Nice and peaceful

My family and I went mid April during quarantine because we needed to get out of house with kids. Campground was a perfect escape from reality for a weekend. Had a blast, pond was nice, did some fishing, rode bikes, walked trails. Will definitely go back again.

A nice family oriented campground

It is very nice,quiet,friendly place to camp.