Weston , IDAHO

Most Recent Weston Camping Reviews
Beautiful free spot

This place is gorgeous! We parked our 34 ft motor home right next to a river waterfall and did some fishing. A fire pit was already established. Excellent spot right outside of town with good cell service. Paddle boarding, kayaking, and fishing are primo. Lots of privacy and zero dollars

They truly spent time making this feel like home

Great place for kids to play in terror playground, small hike to the river, creek at your feet, well toilets but they put air fresheners (+1 star for that!) You can rent their small trailers that are super cute, well spaces out, somewhat level gravel. $30/night. Stay at least a couple days to enjoy.

Cons - no lights throughout the campground. We came at night and I got lost going to front desk to pay. You're along the freeway and near the train station so get those earplugs handy!

Lava campground

What a great campground, we had site #27. The RV pad was pretty level and overall a super clean site with a creek. Great deal for $30 in the off season. Also very dog friendly, and a cool playground for kids. Some things that would have made it 5 star for us was better signs/lights as it was very confusing for arriving after dark, and offering ice would have been nice, but super close to store and also would’ve liked WiFi. Not a huge deal though, with AT&T we got 3 bars. Definitely will be back next year!!

Nice Campground on the Stream

Several nice sights.  Great place to camp right on the stream.  Great river access and fishing in the Logan River for Bear River Cutts.

Sites extremely small

The sites are extremely close together, almost impossible to back into! The site we were assigned to looked to have previously been a pull through site, converted to two back ins. The other camper was backed in halfways into ours and we could not even attach our water hose due to this. Water and electric were on the opposite side as they were on our camper. Likely will not stay here again in the future as it was more of a hassle than anything on our way back home.

Fine

We pulled in here after dark and it was a little hard to find a good spot so try to get here early. Plus the road had some major ruts so it wouldn't be suitable for large vehicles. There was a lot of train traffic that did wake us every time one came through so it's also not ideal for light sleepers. However, if you can deal with all that you can't beat the price. 🙂

Boondocking site on a hill

About 1/4 mile down a dirt road from Hwy 39 is a good single boondocking spot with a great view. Not for large RVs. Our 17 ft trailer with 4x4 was tricky to get into the spot because the loop was so small. Has a fire pit but with fire restrictions we didn’t have a fire. The view is fantastic of hills covered with aspen and fir trees. Quiet but cars can be heard now and then.

There are many other boondocking spots in this area but this one is a good one.

Quaint little campground

My wife and I wanted to get off the road after traveling all day. This place is very convenient. Located right off I-15, it sits right upon the Devil Creek Reservoir. This is a full service RV campground, has all the hook ups for electric, water and dumping. Firewood can be had, either buying it for $6.00, or if you walk along the waterfront, there is plenty there too. For $28.00, you cannot go bad. Very quiet and serene, cattle grazing off on the other side of the reservoir. Nice scenery too.

Terrible stay

Stayed last night and I get it was a Saturday but the campers had no respect for quiet hours. There was a large party going until about 1130. The party was further up the campground but a group of three or for came and hung out right next to my tent waking up my wife and I. After 20 minutes I asked them if “they were done” because it was loud and disturbing. A male in the group tried to get me to come outside and fight him. I of course did not but his attempts continued on for sometime. My wife noticed there were multiple loud conversations going on across the campground. I see a previous post about camp hosts. I can only assume they were a part of that party or just failed to keep the peace and quiet I search for when camping.

Packed like sardines but great management

We stopped off here for one night on our way to Bryce Canyon. We arrived late, but someone had stayed around to welcome us and give us a goody bag with nutter butters, coozies, and fresh plums, which was really nice!

They pack them in tight here! Each pitch is no wider than 15’, which actually makes it pretty challenging to back in. There isn’t really any outside space, unless you want to squeeze some chairs next to your neighbor’s sewer hookup.

That being said, the facilities are great and the folks running the place are really friendly and helpful. Showers are free, hot, and clean. There’s a well-stocked store, laundry room, propane fill-up, etc.