Mission , DELAWARE

Most Recent Mission Camping Reviews
Nice place

Site 41. Nice shaded, level site with stone. Small grassy area between sites. Clean and close together, but not too close. They have activities and golf cart rentals, neither of which we took advantage of. Seems like a lot of seasonal trailers but everything is kept nice and relatively new. Check in was easy and office staff was friendly. We would return.

Sites are not private at all but that's to be expected on a beach

We camped here in April with few other campers. It was magical. We picked up an Oversands permit and enjoyed the beach by ourselves other than the horses and seals. The winds were whipping but we were happy with the limited crowds. There is also a nice walking trail and a canoe launch. We really enjoyed this campground. No hot showers, so be ready for that!

Maryland’s Everglades

With our site near the water, the first wondrous experience was a beautiful sunset, the like you will have a hard time finding in most of the Eastern U.S. To see more of the sunsets and the island, the observation tower near the camp store is a plus. The fire roads laid out in a grid along with all the mucky black drainage ditches are eyesores, but I learned some plant lore and met a very showy holly tree while hiking the whitetail trail. The island with birds of many feather is a great show. Sitting with binoculars on the campground side, I saw a snowy egret, a white heron, and a great blue heron all within the circle of my binocular viewing angle. Many others caught my eye while in flight. Be sure to bring binoculars!

Worth the second trip! See

We camped here 2 years ago in June on a unseasonably hot weekend. This time we tried it in April and the weather was perfect. My husband camped here growing up and loves it. We stayed in loop Acorn Trail site 20 which is the dog friendly loop. Our site was very long, level, and faced the woods. The next site over sat close to the road but ours sat very far back. We fit the camper and 3 cars with the 3rd one sitting angled. 2 cars are allowed overnight. The site itself was a good size but the fire ring is in the corner so you could only sit around about 2/3 of it. There is a pool and boat rentals. The ranger states the pool WILL be open for summer 2021. There is a camp store and deli and activities in summer as well. The other loops are near each other with Deer Run having all electric sites. Robins Nest is mixed. Blue Heron, Waters Edge, and Fox Den are non-electric. Some loops are open year round. There are trails throughout the campground and even a water trail for canoe or kayaks. There’s a fishing pond as well. There is a youth group camp area and mini cabins. We will keep this one in our regular rotation of amp grounds! Need to add that I found 2 ticks on my dog, unattached, and one on me attached. Only place I’ve ever found ticks on me is at this campground. Always check yourselves.

Perfect

We’re here for opening weekend and aside from the unseasonable cold this campground is nicely perfect for us. Sites are nicely sized and spaced out. Bathhouse is in very nice condition. Looking forward to the weekend warming up.

Wonderful Experience

Beautiful location, very clean bathhouse, easy in and out. Great trails, pond, fishing and kayaking. Can't wait to go back!

Glorious Front Country Camping, Miserable Mosquitos

Snagged site 55, which was a walkin and beach front campsite for 4th of July weekend. You park down below and then walk through the dunes past some campsites and into a giant open area with lots of tent sites. There's little to no privacy so get ready to be friends with your neighbors. There's also no shade in these spots and it's actually kind of hard to know where your site is because there aren't any real boundaries. Location to the beach was amazing and we saw numerous horses on the beach, especially during sunrise. The crowd was pretty rowdy during 4th of July weekend.

The mosquitos are no joke. Walking from the car through the shrub bush section to get to the site was absolutely brutal. Hundreds of mosquitos will descend upon you. We camp all the time and have never experienced mosquitos even close to this level. We heard a rumor that there are less on the State Park side so we'll try that next time. It's an awesome site but the mosquito situation makes it quite miserable.

Best in seashore camping

Make no mistake, this is beach camping, but it is the best. Despite constant 20mph winds for the first two days which prevented us from pitching our tent (we slept in our SUV just fine) we had a blast. It was a bonus when we got the tent up, but the hiking, relaxing on the beach, campfire and watching the wild ponies is unbeatable.

Lovely place, watch out for cactus!

This was a favorite place while living on the east coast.  The campground is nicely laid out for a state campground.  Plenty of bike trails, places to explore, places to swim both in the bay and ocean.  I love the Atlantic in the summer…way more swimable than our Pacific Ocean.  I would gladly go back if I'm in the area.

Nature nature nature

The woods are full of nature and diverse. species. We counted over 17 different species of fungi in a 25 foot stretch! I loved staying in the beautiful cabins and enjoying the nature strolls. Would most definitely return.