Lakeside , COLORADO

Most Recent Lakeside Camping Reviews
Free sites w permit, hike in .5 miles

Shlep your shtuff .5 miles from the lot to the tent pads. Pack it and pack it out. You must get your permit from the Jeffco open space office so look it up on their website. Reynolds park has many nice trails.

Nice dispersed campsites

Free dispersed camping with zero amenities but man made fire pits. Windy and cold but beautiful!

Closed

We were so excited but as of January 1, 2021 it is closed. I’m sure it will reopen during warmer seasons.

Beuatiful, but Noobs Beware!

Sorry, No photos. It is very beautiful up there. I have only been here once, and I did not do enough research. I recently purchased a 26ft sustainable travel trailer and decided to take it out for the first time. Well the road up is very tight. Very skinny switchbacks. About half way up looking for a way to turn around. We got lucky and found a space just barely large enough to back in to carfully. I am a first time TT owner so, yeah it was a bit nerve racking. Although it was very beautiful, I will not make that mistake again. Don't go up if you are pulling anything larger than a tear drop trailer. I didn't go all the way up, so I don't know if there is any kind of turn around up there. If someone knows, please enlighten me, as would like to know if I was going to be screwed if I went all the way up.

Convenient location

All sites have great access and close to the ponds. Variety of fish in the ponds. They allow ice fishing as long as the ice is safe. Some traffic noise if you are on the east side of the park due to proximity to I 25. Best to get a yearly Colorado access pass.

Boulder County fairgrounds

closed in winter but a cool place to camp with water and electric hook ups in the summer time

White Ranch

Great mountain bike ride!

Couldn’t find it

Like the last user the directions took me to a very small roadside pull off. There were plenty of pull offs on this and other roads surrounding that were bigger but on quite a slant. Checkout magnolia rd. Really neat pull up a way up that over looks the city, is flat and plenty of room for several vehicles even a larger RV/Van/Camper.

Truly Spectacular State Park

We visited Golden Gate Canyon in October 2020 and we were blown away with the natural beauty of this park. We stayed in Reverends Ridge Loop E Site 49. It was a pull through site, mostly level, and it easily accommodated our 20' truck still attached to our 30' travel trailer. The sites we saw were spaced apart generously. The park was quiet and family friendly. We only stayed for one night as we were passing through the area, but we would absolutely go back again and highly recommend it to others. One important note is that RVs can not enter through the entrance on HWY 46 at Mountain Base Road (we learned the hard way). The good news is the entrance is not far from there, but you may want to plan to enter off HWY 119 from the outset.