About Hickory Creek - Beaver Lake
US Army Corps of Engineers
No Firewood Available
Hickory Creek - Beaver Lake is located in Arkansas
4 Reviews of Hickory Creek - Beaver Lake
Last stop campground in the area

If you are traveling through, this could be a decent campground. It is right on the lake but I didn't like the spacing of the tent sites. It is pretty packed in and is more of an RV campground IMO. The bathrooms were okay but nothing to write home about. If this is your planned destination, I would call and make sure it is open. We have arrived more than once to find that it is closed for one reason or another.

Great park

This is a wonderful place to set up camp for a few days. Good fishing, swimming, and clean, level campsites. You can camp right by the water. Lots of shade in the summer to keep you cool. There are always some really great people there, too.

Picnic tables and fire pits at each site. Pit toilets and water spigots handy.

Hickory Creek is my least favorite of the Beaver Lake campgrounds

I still rank Hickory Lake as a three star campground but it is my least favorite of the campgrounds around Beaver Lake. I would suggest staying at Lost Bridge North or South or Horseshoe Bend.

One of my big pet peeves is when a campground doesn't regularly mow. They let the grass grow tall, then they cut it with a tractor and it looks more like hay than it does grass. Hickory Creek falls in that category. You end up with grass all over your tent and equipment or all over the floor of your RV. There really isn't a good excuse for this. You just need to mow more frequently. This is very disappointing for a campground run by the Corps of Engineers.

It still commands three stars for its proximity to the lake and the scenery.

large and shaded

This was an unexpected stop on our trip, but it was a great night of camping! We were pleased with our large, shaded site. We didn't have a lake site, but it looked like there were a few sites directly on the lake which would be amazing. It wasn't too busy on a weekday, but definitely seemed like a place that was popular!